New Meaning to Fuel Effeciency

kenel

PopularScience has an article on a new prototype vehicle that could travel from N.Y. to D.C. using only 1 gallon of gasoline.

The car's designers combined highly tuned aerodynamics, exotic materials, and a 0.3-liter diesel engine to achieve 0.99 liters per 100 kilometers.

This could help our homeland security, by allowing us to rely less on foreign imports, and also our smog problem in major cities.

They've designed go-cart like vehicles that use battery power, but only have a 40 mile-range. Until something phenominal is invented, fossil fuels will be around, I somewhat agree with the ozone problem, but this would atleast delay our ozone depleation until further vehicles are invented.

geting fusion working in the first place would be a start. ^^ unless you want to carry a very small star in the boot of your car...

personally I would walk or use public transport, I'm not really a car person, still it's nice to see people coming up with new ideas.

Apparently alcohol based cars work rather well, and alcohol can be produced quite easy using existing waste biomass and a few enzymes...

Definatly not bad at all, though the cars would be expensive upfront, probably ranging from $20,000 to $60,000, the money that will be saved on gas, tune-ups, and maintenance is definatly worth it. The only problem I noticed with the car, was the fact that it only seated two people, like a fighter jet style seating arrangement.