Why I will not be studying science next year.

the tree

Next year I will be moving into Sixth form to take my AS levels where I get to choose all my subjects for the first time. After much consideration I had to narrow them down to 4 subjects and general studies (which is compulsory, but isn't a real subject so it doesn't count).

My choices don't involve any science as such but as the following shows, science isn't really nessersary.

• I don't need to study biology because I am studying Enlgish which pretty much covers sex and death.
  • I don't need to study physics because I am studying maths wich will fufil my number crunching needs.
  • I don't need to study physcology because I am studying theatre so I'll know all about hidden meanings and such like.
  • I don't need to study enviromental sciences because I am taking general studies which will be the lesson to doss around in.
  • I don't need to study chemistry because I will be studying ICT so I will be able to do conceptual jigsaw puzles.

Basically science is a hobby and not something I'm looking for a career in so the above subjects are taking priority.

My apologies to the science lecturers in this forum who were hoping to see my good looks and charming witt in thier classes in two years time.

what are you planning to do?
I'm planning to take English and Computing when I go to Uni and go into computing after that. The theatre is really just English Lit but with scripts so it will help me with getting a place in Uni.

What part of Theater interests you most? Are you a techy-type or do you act as well? I have fond memories of my Theater friends from high school and university.
I act a fair bit and really enjoy directing. Techy-stuff is cool as well, it's a great sense of power that comes with operating motorised lights.

Enski: '/4, |3u7 \^/h475 t3h 1337?

in fact if you watch the dance scene in the canteen in "Fame" you can just about see Phi standing there waving at the back! :)
I was waving at my agent. He was supposed to have gotten me an audition for a small speaking part opposite Irene Cara. Instead they stuck me in the background with the extras.

I wasn't waving the whole hand, just one finger.

I did quite a lot of professional acting and it was a lot of fun. I think Theater gives you a certain confidence with the public. It teaches you a great deal about yourself. And those big curtains are good for making out and groping starlets.

My apologies to the science lecturers in this forum who were hoping to see my good looks and charming witt in thier classes in two years time.

Nah, we don't want loser 'intellectuals' anyway. We only want dedicated nerds!

(Who am I trying to kid - we'll take anyone!)