Science Fiction Books!!

Arcadia

Hey people!! Whats up!

I thought that a forum based on science should have room for imagination. After all, theories initially seem impossible till practical appiclitation proves otherwise. When Issac Asimov wrote Foundation, his books rocked the world as they went into the unknown streaches of the universe and that too based on solid scientific theories...after all he was a scientist himself.

So i thought it would be a nice idea if we discussed our favorite Sci Fi books or stories... who knows we may even come up with an entirely new story.

So come on guys get started and tell me about your favorite Sci Fi books.

God Bless!!

I know its not a book, but I must say that I am rather enjoying Firefly on TV. I like how thay at least pay lip service to physics, buy for example having no sound in space.
My best friend bought me the DVDs for my birthday and I am SO hooked! Serenity the movie is coming out soon (all the pre-screenings sell out minutes after the tickets go on sale).

I so hope someone picks Firefly up again for production before the cast gets too involved in other work. It needs to be developed for a few more seasons.

That would be shiny!

The wild-west thing can get a bit tedious though....
I see it as the society of their time doing the retro thing and reviving the old west pioneer spirit as they venture out into the galaxy. It's more realistic than everyone having a totally futuristic look.

In the 2-hour pilot episode, I enjoyed seeing Kaley with one of those old fold-up lawn chairs that haven't changed since the 60's. Nice to know some designs can't be improved upon.

And I love that they can swear in Chinese and get their meaning across. Although most of the time what they say is kind of wierd like, "Bad news ass-crack!"