What is a 'gut feeling'?

I knew Psychiatrists were just guessing most of the time
The study doesn't indicate that they were inaccurate or guessing. They had higher success than random chance. The point of the study was that a computer could outperform highly experienced psychiatrists by analyzing a simple set of parameters.

Personally, I would stick with human intuition. Determining how somebody will act takes human mind, not computer processing. Sure, some cases could be easily determined by either one, but with a human mind behind it, a computer doesn't even compare. A human brain will forever outperform a computer, no matter what. We have the sense of free will, and a computer doesn't, which is why I wouldn't put things like that in the hand of a computer (which doesn't have hands).

Ah yes, but it does remind me of a funny story I heard a few years ago where some people entered a chimp into an stock performance contest.

I think the chimp finished in the top 5. Which was probably a tad embarressing for some of the gambl, err financial managers. :P

I think it was in one of those "What on earth!" boxes so I don't know how

factual it was, but it was still funny.

Cheers.