About Microscope

sauerkrautpie

I've looked into this and concluded it was more productive to buy books or find images on the internet. Ideally, you want a phase contrast microscope to view unstained images - lots of money and skills to acquire. You'll lose nothing by looking at other peoples pictures. I know my answer is boring but the expense and time to get to where the pros are is not trivial.

I've looked into this and concluded it was more productive to buy books or find images on the internet. Ideally, you want a phase contrast microscope to view unstained images - lots of money and skills to acquire. You'll lose nothing by looking at other peoples pictures. I know my answer is boring but the expense and time to get to where the pros are is not trivial.

Actually, i already know and i want microscope for my personal research at home. I work with cell, organelles so... I need a microscope. Can you suggest one?

Depends on your budget... It wasn't so long ago that they were thousands of pounds for a decent one.

I bought one last year for our lab - don't use it much and being honest... it isn't very big, it has it's instructions in Chinese and looks a bit toy like.... that said - it has a digital camera on it and works well. It was only about £260.00.

The make and model was a 'Bresser LCD micro'

Just typed that into google and there are similar things... some as low as £135.00. I am NOT saying I would recommend it as a work horse for a professional outlet... but it does give 50x mag and lets you take pics to an SD card or usb them to a PC. Hope that helps.

Depends on your budget... It wasn't so long ago that they were thousands of pounds for a decent one.

I bought one last year for our lab - don't use it much and being honest... it isn't very big, it has it's instructions in Chinese and looks a bit toy like.... that said - it has a digital camera on it and works well. It was only about £260.00.

The make and model was a 'Bresser LCD micro'

Just typed that into google and there are similar things... some as low as £135.00. I am NOT saying I would recommend it as a work horse for a professional outlet... but it does give 50x mag and lets you take pics to an SD card or usb them to a PC. Hope that helps.

Little expensive for home (it costs about 1.000 in TRY) I don't know, but can i observe center of cell with another microscope like this? Can i do it with 300x/1200x microscopes? They are little bit cheap.

Edited by sauerkrautpie

Someone told me last year that you can now get attachments for your mobile phone that adds a scope onto the camera lens and works with an app to give microscopic picture.

I just looked them up - there are attachments from about a fiver. I do not know if they are any good or not though. I like this little Chinese one I have, but as I said - similar ones start from about £135.00. This one was £260.00. The phone attachment would be a cheap way of getting something at least.

Someone told me last year that you can now get attachments for your mobile phone that adds a scope onto the camera lens and works with an app to give microscopic picture.

I just looked them up - there are attachments from about a fiver. I do not know if they are any good or not though. I like this little Chinese one I have, but as I said - similar ones start from about £135.00. This one was £260.00. The phone attachment would be a cheap way of getting something at least.

As far as i understand these attachments for taking photos from scopes binocular. I find something about making your phone to digital microscope, are you talking about that? If you, i am not sure they zoom as well i want.

I am not searching for picture, i want microscope (but it can be with digital screen). Can i observe center of cell, chromosomes with any microscope? An x300-x1200 microscopes can handle it?