That wonderful feeling when you discover something....

jdurg

As anybody who is in to science knows, there is no better feeling than discovering something on your own without any help or instruction to lead you there. For me, I got that feeling yesterday at the golf course. I recently took up golf but couldn't swing the clubs properly for the life of me. I was HORRIBLE. Suddenly, after watching a lot of golf swings and going through my head what I was doing wrong, I discovered something. A simple little thing such as a bent left knee was all that was separating me from a good golf game. I went to the driving range and tried out this new manner of swining, and it worked! I was hitting the ball straight as can be and for quite a long distance. I took the new swing to the course and chopped 24 strokes off of my game. It felt great being able to make the adjustment and play a good game. God I love that feeling. :D

Phi,,, you DO realise that there`s No way we`re gunna convince any of them that we don`t conspire about these things secretly and work as a Double Act *Sigh*

actualy upon reflection, I can`t imagine Jdurg saying "Eureka" either, 5`ll get ya 10 that upon his discovery he shouted "FOUR"....."kingHell" as it landed where he intended it to :)

YT' date=' you are right. It was Archimedes who said "Eureka!", which is Greek for "Don't fill the tub so full next time!"

But I could have that wrong as well.[/quote']

It's amazing that a single golf ball in the water hazard would allow him to see the water rise and discover the volume displacement concept. I think he had a terribe slice and many golf balls eneded up there.

It's amazing that a single golf ball in the water hazard would allow him to see the water rise and discover the volume displacement concept. I think he had a terribe slice and many[/i'] golf balls eneded up there.
Slice or no, he wound up winning that tournament, only to discover that his trophy was not pure gold as promised, but had a little silver mixed in.

Legend has it that he threw both the trophy and his bag of clubs into the water hazard and stormed off. Only to return moments later to wade out into the lake, find his bag, and retrieve his chariot keys from one of the zippered pockets.

only to get struck by Lightening shortly thereafter, that incidently happened to provided inspiration for a bemused onlooker that later went on to write "Chariots of Fire"

meantime BACK in said Chariot, Jdurg was Wishing he had his bath of nice cold water again and Rued the day he left his bath to take up Golf in the first place.