The speed of light must be measured to be a variant.

JohnLesser

Not if dx changes as well. (Which, if there is time dilation, it will.)

This wilful ignorance and refusal to engage with the evidence is probably the reason your previous posts got shut down.

Again you are not thinking, if you contract the distance it is travelling less distance at the same speed in less time that travelling a greater distance, you are not contracting anything, you are trying to create a subjective illusion not accounting for the cbmr.

Let me explain

Two points (a) and (b) one light second apart.

Between these points is space, cbmr and light. Alan sets off on a journey to point (B), the distance stays the same, nothing contracts.

Again you are not thinking, if you contract the distance it is travelling less distance at the same speed in less time that travelling a greater distance, you are not contracting anything, you are trying to create a subjective illusion not accounting for the cbmr.

Let me explain

Two points (a) and (b) one light second apart.

Between these points is space, cbmr and light. Alan sets off on a journey to point (B), the distance stays the same, nothing contracts.

If Alan measures the distance before he leaves while at rest with respect to points A and B, and then measures the distance between A and B again while in transit, he will discover that his second measurement, taken while moving with respect to the two points, will be shorter than the first measurement that he took.

your dx is changing what part of that don't you understand. You have dx and [latex] d\acute {x}[/latex]

Look over the transforms I posted and read the two wiki links. This is all contained in every textbook published on relativity.

You are not contracting space , you are contracting light passing through space, when you move your geometrical points, either side of these points still remains space,

<space......point....................point...space>

<space...........point........point...........space>

Again I ask for proof space has solidity?

<space...........point........point...........space>

no your wrong you will not get the energy density and temperature changes with just time dilation.

The proof is right before your eyes.

When the wavelength of light changes you get a change in energy. (wavelength change is a change in length)

Edited by Mordred

If Alan measures the distance before he leaves while at rest with respect to points A and B, and then measures the distance between A and B again while in transit, he will discover that his second measurement, taken while moving with respect to the two points, will be shorter than the first measurement that he took.

No it will not, If I travelled to the Sun, the Sun does not get closer to the earth while I travel.

Who said space has solidity? Why does space need to be solid for distances to change?

Spacial distance is constant, it is only the length of space between objects that can change, i.e gaps widen or shorten.

No it will not, If I travelled to the Sun, the Sun does not get closer to the earth while I travel.

It is pointless if you are going to keep trying to teach me instead of being taught. I have learnt all about this and I am telling you all it is wrong, it is not my premise to listen or ask questions, try to disprove my notion and premise if you can .

You don't tell someone is wrong by ignoring evidence to the contrary.

I specifically asked you to prove yourself by giving you three measurements to solve. You have not solved those three observer measurements nor explained them using just time dilation

Edited by Mordred

Spacial distance is constant, it is only the length of space between objects that can change, i.e gaps widen or shorten.

Distance is constant but can get longer or shorter. Got it.

If you are moving from the Earth the the Sun, you will measure the distance as being less than someone on the Earth would.

It is pointless if you are going to keep trying to teach me instead of being taught.

You have nothing to teach. You are either profoundly ignorant or just posting nonsense as a joke. (Tip: It's not very funny. You should try harder.)

And yet it contracts.

Contracting geometric points is not space contracting , All the example you can think of of time dilation explain things in the present.

look two lines.

----------

-------------------

One is contracted relative to the other,

but neither is contracted relative to the background and present .

Distance is constant but can get longer or shorter. Got it.

If you are moving from the Earth the the Sun, you will measure the distance as being less than someone on the Earth would.

You have nothing to teach. You are either profoundly ignorant or just posting nonsense as a joke. (Tip: It's not very funny. You should try harder.)

Clearly you have completely ignored my part paper and instantly ruled out just because of your own lack of understanding in relativity.

From youto the sun? huh obvious you have travelled some distance so will measure less.

Edited by JohnLesser

Contracting geometric points is not space contracting

True. "Contracting space" is a poor analogy for the change in the coordinate system. That's why it is normally called "length contraction" because "length" is defined by the coordinate system (which contacts and therefore length/distance contracts).

Clearly you have completely ignored my part paper and instantly ruled out just because of your own lack of understanding in relativity.

I read it. It was part of the evidence that contributed to my conclusion.

I read it. It was part of the evidence that contributed to my conclusion.

Then you will recognise my opening premise in my part paper and explanations are accurate and without any fundamental errors in understanding how time was devised, to conclude simultaneity of time by the simple reasons of equating the present ''speed'' of time to being equal to the rotational speed of the earth. 1 earth rotation = 1 day = 24 hrs= degree of motion on a mechanical clock = caesium standard time.

Twin one on Earth at relative rest

Twin two on planet x at relative rest

Both twins have to devise a way to measure time, both twins measure 1 day is equal to one rotation their relative planet and decide that 1 day is equal to 24 hours.

Can you explain why they can't do this to measure time?

added- I am not the one whom is ignoring our entire history and how time was devised.

Edited by JohnLesser

You don't tell someone is wrong by ignoring evidence to the contrary.

I specifically asked you to prove yourself by giving you three measurements to solve. You have not solved those three observer measurements nor explained them using just time dilation

!

Moderator Note

and this is why I'm closing it.

JohnLesser, please try to learn some science if you want to contribute here but do not reintroduce this topic.