Europa Report (sci-fi movie)

Outrider

We have another 10 years more or less before the actual unmanned probe (hopefully) reaches Jupiter's moon Europa. NASA/JPL have a mission team assembled and a penciled in launch date of 2020's.

To help pass the time I highly recommend this movie. It is a faux documentry of a manned mission to Europa.

It is on Netflix and DVD and maybe some other streaming channels I'm not sure.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_Report

Europa Report is a 2013 science fiction film directed by Sebastián Cordero, and starring Christian Camargo, Anamaria Marinca, Michael Nyqvist, Daniel Wu, Karolina Wydra, and Sharlto Copley. A found footage film, it recounts the fictional story of the first crewed mission to Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. Despite a disastrous technical failure that loses all communications with Earth mission control[3] and a series of dangerous crises, the crew continue their mission to Europa and encounters a baffling mystery.

No expiration date I think in books by Arthur C. Clarke there are creatures on the moon that eventually evolve sentience.

The warning was

"All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there. Use them together. Use them in peace."