Really strange thing on my Google Analytics.

arc

I'm sure your first reaction will be that I'm bull . . . .ing you. But I'm not!

I added Google Analytics to my Weebly hosted Electroplatetectonics.com site about a month ago. This morning I found a "vote for Trump" on one of the pages. Is this from someone in Google or is it some kind of a hack? I know very little about how this computer stuff works, if it wasn't for one of my sons technical help I would be lost when things on my laptop get screwed up.

post-88603-0-37809400-1478460104_thumb.png

post-88603-0-12808200-1478460136_thumb.png

post-88603-0-58891900-1478460165_thumb.png

post-88603-0-20066100-1478461173_thumb.png

Where do you think this comes from? It's weird that it shows up on the language page but doesn't say which one.

There has been one session from Samara, Russia. Could it be some scam from there? How would they get through Google's defenses?

I think it is an example of "referral spam" - people (*) visit websites as if they had come from a website they want to promote. I'm not quite sure what the point is as the number of people who look at referral logs must be quite small - and most of those are just going to ignore these spammy links. It is possible to filter them out but I'm afraid I don't know how.

(*) well, automated 'bots'

Thanks Strange,

I thought it was a political advertisement at first, but its location within what I would consider the users "personal data" space would seem to me as a bone-head move for Google to make. So I'm thinking its some kind of uninvited push poll or maybe a virus infested link. But wouldn't that be difficult to place in such a location without Google detecting it? I guess I worry to much! ^_^