Everything posted by Moontanman
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
There was a time when I would have supported free speech unconditionally... then came the people who use free speech to make false claims and the gullibility of people to influence them in directions that are anti social at best... see the maga movement.
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
Since "revealed truth" is simply telling people what you want them to believe regardless of any conflict with reality, possibly actors would be the experts to use?
-
The Beginning of the Universe
The expansion is real not something mathematical or made up. The term Big Bang was coined to denigrate the idea of an expanding universe after the expansion was discovered. It is my understanding that the term Big bang was coined after the expansion was discovered not before. Do you have a link? ??? What is the take away from this? We know that the Big Bang Theory is not complete due to it not encompassing quantum mechanics but to say it is naive? I'm not sure where you are coming from on that. Not interested, the name threw me, I regret asking, if you want to discuss religion please start a new thread. Please explain why Einstein's atheism is relevant? The universe can be both infinite and have a beginning... t=0 is the key.
-
The Beginning of the Universe
Interesting, I've never heard of Yeshu but you would need to start another thread to explain it to me. None of that sounds familiar to me, quite possibly someone else can answer that.
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
Revealed Faith is a very popular term in certain circles that believe in magic.
-
The Beginning of the Universe
Yes but the term was not a description made by the people who actually supported the idea of the universe having a beginning. They originally described it as an expansion of space and time not an explosion into space and time. The term Big Bang obfuscates the real issue. BTW Yeshu? I am not familiar with that term but I will assume it is some sort of religious greeting.
-
The Beginning of the Universe
Are you aware that the term "Big Bang" was a derogatory term used by proponents of the steady state theory to try and demean the idea? Big Bang was never meant to be an accurate description of the beginning of the universe.
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
Pompous? Moi?
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
It's the word of the all powerful Yahweh!!! Pay attention... 🫠
-
IS THAT ALL THERE IS??🎵
I doubt that assertion can be made with 100% certainty... Possibly you can say that for life as we know it but... life finds a way!
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
I would say that "revealed truth" is one of the most dangerous concepts we currently face. When you have a group of people who view the world through a lens of "faith" it becomes possible to pretty much manipulate people of faith into believing anything.
-
shirts with armpit smell that does not want to leave even after several wash.
I missed that dammit!
-
shirts with armpit smell that does not want to leave even after several wash.
Are your shirts made of polyester or a polyester blend? Polyester tends to preserve body odor and is difficult to removed body odor. It was one of the problems we worried about when making polyester. The problem was never really solved that I recall.
-
RICHARD DAWKINS ❤ CANCEL CULTURE (or not)
What do you want to discuss here?
-
Breast sagging natural vs with a bra
🍼😁🍼 boobas!
-
Sunshine on Titan
Any idea why Jupiter's major moons do not have atmospheres? They are well within the similar gravitational pull of Titan.
-
Sunshine on Titan
I would have to assume that by the time we do seek to build a base on Titan we will be harvesting materials for our ships and bases from objects already in space as asteroids or comets so hauling materials out of a gravity well will slowly become irrelevant as obtaining materials in space become dominant. But the idea of having bots come in and build before we get there is a good idea for sure.
-
Breast sagging natural vs with a bra
I think I'd have to have some hands on investigation into this phenomenon to be sure!
-
Ammonia as a Potential Substitute for Water in the Nutrition of Living Beings
The OP is alluding to the idea that life could evolve to use ammonia as a solvent and the idea that in some ways ammonia might be a better solvent than water but possibility of ammonia as a solvent is dependant on more than just whether or not ammonia is a good possibility for a biological solvent.
-
Sunshine on Titan
I would think that by the time we get around to a base on Titan a robotic setup of the base would be SOP but I see no reason why it would be necessary.
-
Ammonia as a Potential Substitute for Water in the Nutrition of Living Beings
He doesn't have it... somethings are truly impossible. I think this is a bot that is just messing with us.
-
Sunshine on Titan
Nuclear is the only real option here for a long term stay on Titan. Titan does have advantages, having an atmosphere is a big plus for many reasons, lots of ice, methane, ammonia, nitrogen, I can even imagine deposits of alkaline metals like sodium and potassium being present in the ice crust... but Titan is a low energy environment (wind power maybe?) we will have to bring our energy with us.
-
Sunshine on Titan
Yet is still requires energy to make the electricity to run "electrolysis machines" where do you get the energy?
-
Sunshine on Titan
You would have to have an energy source of some kind, nuclear is almost certainly necessary. Controlled fusion would be ideal and of course will be possible in 20 years.
-
Ammonia as a Potential Substitute for Water in the Nutrition of Living Beings
I absolutely call BS on this, sources please!