Gay marriage and the level of science education at the University of Lagos

ajb

I concede. He doesn't even show the learnedness of someone who was once an enthusiastic learner. But we have to explain how he got his position at Lagos in the first place.

Well, he never had any position per se, he was just a grad student in chemical engineering.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Nigerian, The University of Lagos is considered to be one of the best. The guy who wrote such a mess just wanted to be noticed. I laughed when I saw the column which said "My encounter with government officials", even the way he praised himself. Unfortunately, such guys exist here, they try as much as they can to show that they have arrived without knowing a thing.

Didn't you clearly read the denial from the University to the thisday newspaper? The guy has been doing his postgraduate for 6 whole years! That's terrible. 6 years?

Doing postgraduate in Nigeria means that the person graduated with a CGPA less than 3.5 (on a scale of 5.0). For him to do that same PG for 6 years, IMO, he must HAVE graduated with <2.0.

I guess he probably must have a strong friend who runs with the thisday newspaper in order for them to oblige to post that trash. And when they did, he must have alerted his less educated friends at the village who couldnt make it into the university to click on the url to see the shameful waves he is making.

The newspaper isn't even a major one. A subnewspaper. I'm reading this for the first time too.

Nigerians are brilliant people, forget the useless idiot.

Edited by Trazom

I guess he probably must have a strong friend who runs with the thisday newspaper in order for them to oblige to post that trash.

This is likely as he has or still does work as a 'science reporter'.

Anyway, thanks for you local input. I take it the story was not a big thing in Nigeria? I mean the newspaper was not a good one and nobody listened to him anyway.

This is likely as he has or still does work as a 'science reporter'.

I take it the story was not a big thing in Nigeria? I mean the newspaper was not a good one and nobody listened to him anyway.

Lol, big what? Anybody can be his own science reporter. You write and look for a ' who cares' notice board to paste your trash, You can even have your own blog or website, which will even increase the tendency of making you more popular,but he doesn't. The guy is a nobody. This is the first time I'm seeing his name. 95% of Nigerians didn't see that trash. We rarely visit newspaper websites here, an insignificant one at that. I personally didn't read it even after opening the page. I was compelled to read it after reading comments here. It's just one of the most ordinary articles written, (or, even less than that) .

Sorry, but no amount of science can convince me to think two human beings of the same sex doing what they want to do (legally and morally right) is wrong. Whether it's sex, love and marriage, wanting to be parents, etc.

I look at it like this. I was born not liking chocolate. To me it's absolutely disgusting. But the majority of people do like/love chocolate. Does that make me wrong cause I was born that way or should I go through life pretending I like chocolate so people won't think I'm weird?

Sorry, but no amount of science can convince me to think two human beings of the same sex doing what they want to do (legally and morally right) is wrong. Whether it's sex, love and marriage, wanting to be parents, etc.

I look at it like this. I was born not liking chocolate. To me it's absolutely disgusting. But the majority of people do like/love chocolate. Does that make me wrong cause I was born that way or should I go through life pretending I like chocolate so people won't think I'm weird?

Science (and scientists) are unlikely to try to convince you of that.

Have you read the rest of the thread?

At the risk of derailing the thread slightly

No. It doesn't depend on the nature of the thinker.

Things that happen in nature are natural no matter what you or I think.

And homosexuality is fairly common throughout the animal kingdom, but homophobia is entirely artificial.

This is a delicate subject for rational science discussion, since it has become so political and conditioned by irrational emotions. Just not going along, will make you a target, since there so much unconscious over compensation due to emotions exceeding reason.

If you ever watched dogs, it is true that some dogs will show what appears to be homosexual behavior toward other dogs. However, the bottom dog will more often than not, fight back against this. Fighting against homosexuality is natural in dogs as exhibiting homosexual behavior.

What I found is dogs use homosexual behavior as a form of aggression to help define pack order. Instead of fighting and biting, the homosexuality is used as a weaker form of aggression for dominance among pack mates. The aggression angle explains the need for defensiveness.

If you look art modern politics, homosexuals tend to be far more militant as a group and will gang attack anyone who does not go along. I am doing an experiment here to show you this aggression side. If you don't sell a wedding cake, they will attack you with legal and political aggression until you are "f---ked". This also may be why leather, whips and chains, although a stereo-type, is part of the dress code.

Although some dogs go through the motions of homosexuality, it is more like dry humping. The dynamics is not about procreation, but a gesture of dominance. The bottom dog will very rarely will allow this to go until the deal to close. This limit is natural. After that, this data does not apply to human homosexuality.

I can see the aggression angle playing a role in pack order, but self defense is also part of the dynamics of pack order. But closing the deal is not part of the dynamics that are found in nature. Humans have unlimited will and choice but natural has limits.

Edited by puppypower