Neutron stars and black holes

When protons and electrons fuse they produce neutrons. This happens when neutron stars form. Further compression results in the creation of black holes. What happens to these neutrons ? Do they still exist in the black holes or are they converted into pure energy ?

Edited by petrushka.googol

When protons and electrons fuse...

It is speculated that the next stage is when the quarks that form neutrons stop existing as triplets of up and downs form a soup, start forming strange quarks, pair up (but not like mesons), or do some other weird thing. This step is purely speculative - the next steps of degeneracy are even more hypothetical.

But once you get to a black hole it stops being hypothetical in the definition of something we can think about testing in the future - the stuff behind an event horizon is forever cut off from us. We don't know what happens inside the black hole - and we may never know for sure. The quantum mechanics that predicted the electron degeneracy breaks down at these levels of gravitational attraction so we will only be able to sensible hypothesize one we have a better grip on quantum gravity

Degeneracy can be related to the speed of light, see S. Chandrasekar's paper from the 30s ( which he wrote on the boat from India to England, to study under Eddington ).

The problem with localizing a quantum particle to smaller and smaller spaces without exceeding the speed of light ( Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle ) is alleviated by a mall particle becoming a more massive particle, i.e. electron degeneracy to neutron degeneracysince momentum is the product of speed and mass.

• 2 weeks later...

You can understand the production of neutrons very much like a chemical equilibrium influenced by the density of the species. The process is a capture versus beta emission, and a higher density favours the neutron over a proton plus an electron because these are together twice as many. Or equivalently, a higher density favours the reactions that rely on the encounter of many reactants.

Do I remember that some quark star were allegedly observed, or at least a bang fitting their model of formation? How credible were these claims?

• 4 weeks later...

As the singularities form specific to certain conditions I believe that it is more likely that it's every aspect indicates a higher state of star. Even if incorrect it is still more likely that molecular qualities as well as all other generalised properties change or are totally different. This being derived of the entity atributes and effects.

I believe we can find an understanding for black holes. If we are to believe that, in scientific terms, you cannot get something for nothing, then we must conclude that black holes are nothing mystical or magical only compressed matter with a gravitational force strong enough to hold light within it's atmosphere. I believe neutron stars and black holes are very similar with the differences being stability and gravitational strength. The next question is whether or not these black holes have a mass limit. The answer seems to me to be an obvious yes and if we assume it to be true we can come up with some (third)eye opening theories! If a black hole reached a maximum mass limit before it's own gravity caused it to collapse, then the result is a White Hole! A white hole is the opposite of the black hole, scattering matter across space in a short length of time(in comparison to the time it takes to fall into a black hole).

Previously thought to be a one time event(big bang), I believe these white holes are quite frequent, in terms relative to the universe, and act as a kind of piston for the creation and expansion of the universe! As evidence I present GRB 060614 detected by NASA's Swift Satellite on June 14th 2006, A supernova that left a black hole(not a neutron star) in its spot, the event lasted 102 seconds! I also present Steven Hawking's discovery of Hawking Radiation. This radiation, caused by particles falling into the black hole, can be used to explain how a black hole can reach it's maximum without pulling all the matter it ejected back within itself. Thus letting stars drift far away from the black hole to someday create their own black hole, ever expanding the universe.

This is not plagiarized material! These are original thoughts and conclusions drawn from the theories of the great minds before me. I owe credit to Steven Hawking(Hawking Radiation), and NASA(satellite documentation). This theory is my own and may be quoted for discussion or school use. I ask that any such quote or any future findings based on the "Weninger Universe Model" to give me credit for my discovery. The White Hole/Black Hole Cycle Theory is only one component of the Weninger Universe Model, used in terms of explaining creation and expansion through black hole/white hole's piston-like behavior, and their ability to reproduce. -James Weninger

!

Moderator Note

Anon_ghost

Do not answer questions in the mainstream fora with your own speculative and unproven ideas. You already have a thread on this topic (which I have just moved to Speculations) do not bring it up anywhere apart from in that thread

Report this post if you feel it is unfair.

Okay so I guess that post's about Aliens, black holes, or any theory, hell all of science belongs in speculation! I noted proof supporting my theory, as already found by Steven Hawking and NASA, and still I am tossed to the side like a piece of trash while articles with much less proof remain. I am saddened by this deeply as I was hoping to meet the scientific community with open minds and not with hateful moderators...but my work will continue and as always I encourage you to poke holes in my theory's, that's what it's all about!

Has nothing to do with hateful moderators, the main forums is for understanding what one would be taught as per schooling or textbook style posts. Alternative ideas to those style articles belong here to avoid confusion.

We don't want to have models and answers in mainstream, that can lead to students getting the wrong ideas and failing exams as a result.

Surely you can appreciate that dedication.

!

Moderator Note

I should have been explicit

"Report this post if you feel it is unfair" was a way of saying

"Please do not respond to this moderation note within the thread as this further derails a topic aread taken off course by the offending post - if you think this is unfair please report this post to bring it to staff attention"

From now on please do not respond to moderation notes.