Math problems

dawoodr

Hello!

Well my interest for math is growing alot and I want to know if there is some sort of math literature to sharpen my problem solving skills. So I just basically want to be good at solving math problems really. I know that you might think that solving math problems makes one become better at solving math problems and that is so true but I am looking for something beyond that. Perhaps a book with math problem solving techniques or just some hard as* questions with good explanations aswell.

If something is still unclear or you just have a question mark in your head feel free to ask me.

Regards! :)

If something is still unclear or you just have a question mark in your head feel free to ask me.

Yes my head is spinning,

So I am still unclear whether you are seeking practise problems or discourses on the philosphy of solving problems.

There are actually many such discourses aimed at teachers of mathematics and the wider audience, eg

How to Solve It by Polya

A Five Day Course In Thinking by Edward De Bono

As to practise

Riddles in Mathematics by Northrop

A Notebook of Applied Mathematics by Clarke

come to mind

Then there is

Forever Undecided by Raymond Smolyan

and the wonderful set by Ian Stewart

Game Set and Math

Another Fine Math You've Got Me Into

From Here to Infinity

Edited by studiot

Haha, thanks for the post!

Well I am looking for both study material to actually practice solving hard math problems aswell as learning some techniques for solving math problems.

Hope this calrified a bit.

Regards!

Hmm, I think I have already seen that one but that is more like turning people's mindsets. Because alot of people believe that they are doomed and that they can't be good at math. I have watched some videos from there but that is not quite what I am looking for, however the other guy provided with alot of stuff. Definitely going to check them out tomorrow after school!