Do you fear death?

KenBrace

Fear is necessary, in specific situations; such as being hunted by a hungry tiger or clinging to a rock over a 1000 m drop. Fear of the future is the same as fear of the unknown; completely useless.

When death is imminent or inevitable, all one can hope is a peaceful end, but who knows what one will think.

Fear is necessary, in specific situations; such as being hunted by a hungry tiger or clinging to a rock over a 1000 m drop. Fear of the future is the same as fear of the unknown; completely useless.

When death is imminent or inevitable, all one can hope is a peaceful end, but who knows what one will think.

Do you think that people should just settle with the idea of never knowing or attempt to actually finf out and perhaps even do something about it?

Do you you refer to the process of dying itself or what comes next, or the combination of the two?

A combination of the two I guess. I was mainly talking about what comes next though.

The future is unknown just as the unknown is; it’s never a case of just settling, it’s more a case of acceptance.

But shouldn't you seek to do something about the situation you are in, rather than just giving up and accepting it?

Edited by KenBrace

But shouldn't you seek to do something about the situation you are in, rather than just giving up and accepting it?

The situation I’m in, is, at some point in the future I will die, I have no idea when or how; what can I do other than accept that fact?

The situation I’m in, is, at some point in the future I will die, I have no idea when or how; what can I do other than accept that fact?

Have you ever thought that maybe there is a way to find out and maybe even do something about it?

...give me grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

If you think can change the fact of death then please try, but it is unlikely you will succeed in your lifetime: then you may benefit by developing the grace to accept with serenity your death. Accepting the inevitable is not the same as being limp. I didn't watch the video; what was the synopsis?

Edited by Prometheus

Really?

Claim magic and not accept scientific scrutiny, what a surprise.

Magic is one thing, scienctific evidence is another.

John Chang was scrutinised and tested by a group of scientists and medical doctors: Cathrine Nixon Cooke (President of the Mind Science Foundation), Roger Nilson (M.D. Orthopedic Surgeon Sweden), and Dr. Gregory V. Simpson (Ph.D. Biophysics Albert Einstein College of Medicine). He was stripped to a shirt and checked for metal. After passing all their scritiny they took him to a randomly chosen hotel room a few miles away and tested him there. He passed those tests as well. Magic is for deluded morons and peaced out, newage hippies. Scientific evidence is a different story. I'll post a link to a thread where I summarized the evidence in more detail in my signature for anyone who is interested.

That’s contrary to what was said on the video, but OK, I’ll accept your word.

What was he tested for?

How is it relevant to this thread, because if the video is to be believed, he just seemed to generate electricity?

That’s contrary to what was said on the video, but OK, I’ll accept your word.

What was he tested for?

How is it relevant to this thread, because if the video is to be believed, he just seemed to generate electricity?

He was tested for trickery. The only way that he could have performed the electical demo with trickery is with an elctrical device (those type of machienes didn't even exist in the 1980s), but he was checked for metal and stripped to a shirt. An electrical device like that would also have to have a ground. There is simply no way that he could have slipped a device past the metal detector and plain sight.

The demonstrations mean nothing besides what they represent. The entire idea behind what Chang does is the storing up of bioenergy to aledgedly escape the grasp of death. The idea is that when a person dies, their spirit is stripped of its individuality and human consciousness and becomes somewhat like a zombie. Like the blackbox flight recorder of an airplane. All that is left is an empty shelled out husk of what was. By storing and fusing yin and yang qi individuality and real consciousness is preserved after death. I don't have any evidence for this besides the fact that Chang's demonstrations were supported by scientists and what said above is what Chang teaches.

None of this has to be taken by faith or scientific evidence though. It can be witnessed frist hand in the meditation that is taught in the first stage of the training.

Edited by KenBrace

Did they test the voltages he produced? Or examine his physiology?

This isn’t so farfetched given the existence of electric eels; it’s feasible his muscles had a genetic mutation that allows it and through practise, he developed it, maybe it’s a talent we could all develop.

No reason to seek a supernatural explanation.

Did they test the voltages he produced? Or examine his physiology?

This isn’t so farfetched given the existence of electric eels; it’s feasible his muscles had a genetic mutation that allows it and through practise, he developed it, maybe it’s a talent we could all develop.

No reason to seek a supernatural explanation.

I couldn't agree more. "Supernatural" doesn't exist. For anything that does exist there is a logical, scientific, and physical reason for them to happen. Otherwise they wouldn't happen. Electricity would have been considered supernatural by people in living 1000 years ago when in reality there is a scientific and physical reason for the way that electricity works. I believe it's the same way in this case. If what Chang demonstrated is indeed real, then there is a physical process that goes on to cause it.

I honestly HATE having to use words like "spirit", "qi", "yin & yang" etc. because of the truckloads of newage and occultist BS that completely suffocates and destroys the seriousness of anything of this nature but I can't think of any other words to use.

Edited by KenBrace

I mean, come one. Look at this sh*t...

It's everywhere. Nothing but miles and miles of "supernatural" BS.

Sorry, I've lost the plot of this thread. Why are we talking about bioelectricity on a thread about fearing death?

What happens after death is related to the spirit and consciousness itself. After investigating the case presented in the video I posted, I changed my view on things and believe that what the guy teaches might actually have some validity.

What I've experienced in the beginning meditation also continues to confirm what is taught by John Chang which is directly related to death and the afterlife (if there is one).

Edited by KenBrace

What I've experienced in the beginning meditation also continues to confirm what is taught by John Chang which is directly related to death and the afterlife (if there is one).

How?

Edited by dimreepr

The Magus of Java, Neikung, & Seeking the Master of Mo Pai are books written by people that went to Indonesia and became students of Chang. Might be worth skimming through if you're interested.

Here's a link of an online PDF for one of the books... http://www.sacred-magick.com/free/files/The%20Magus%20of%20Java.pdf

So, supernatural.

If it's a hoax and all made-up then yes, it's supernatural. However if it does exist, then there is a scientific and physical reason for it to happen.

Think about the extremely complex computer programming, rocket science, supersonic jet technology that is a reality today. 1000 years ago people would have labeled it as "supernatural" simply because they don't understand it. However it is only their knowledge to understand it that is lacking, not the physical phenomenon.

Edited by KenBrace