Who is your favorite scientist/inventor?

KenBrace

Your Favorite Scientist/Inventor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite scientist/inventor?

• Albert Einstein
    • Sir Isaac Newton
    • Nikola Tesla
    • Thomas Edison
    • Galileo Galilei
    • Charles Darwin
    • James Clerk Maxwell
    • Michael Faraday
    • Stephen Hawking
    • Louis Pasteur
    • Archimedes
    • Aristotle
    • Robert Boyle
    • Niels Bohr
    • Alexander Graham Bell
    • Leonardo da Vinci
    • Marie Curie
    • Benjamin Franklin
    • Max Born
    • Other...

The list does seem deplorably sexist. It contains no women apart from Marie Curie!

Couldn't Florence Nightingale be added to the list. She was recommended by a certain previous poster, as having first-class scientific credentials.

So why isn't she on the list?

The list does seem deplorably sexist. It contains no women apart from Marie Curie!

Couldn't Florence Nightingale be added to the list. She was recommended by a certain previous poster, as having first-class scientific credentials.

I just listed the first few that came to my head and then searched up a list of famous scientists for the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Science, being a subset of society, is deplorably sexist, though arguable less so than in the past. The list is, sadly, merely a reflection of the times.

Perhaps because she was not a scientist?

Perhaps because she was not a scientist?

You are mistaken Swan. Dekan is taking a poke at me for listing Ms. Nightingale in an earlier thread in which he was spouting sexist tripe. That is, Dekan is being sarcastic. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Here's my post on the subject. >> post #20: Why women are so extremely emotional?

• 3 weeks later...