Recursive Fury Defamation Attacks On the Internet

Since the article is now on PLOS One, that's a scientific peer reviewed journal. Are you going to keep denying it's real?

Link:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0075637

I'm gonna bet they don't take this one down.

Meanwhile, a reminder, there's an article on it on DeSmogBlog: http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/03/20/science-journal-retracts-paper-showing-how-climate-change-sceptics-were-conspiracy-theorists-after-sceptics-shout#comment-730191

So have you started kicking the stalker off yet?

Dr. Lewandowsky's personal site is here, and he is currently moving from Australia's UWA to the University of Bristol. He is a cognitive scientist, and a Professor. He is the author of literally hundreds of papers in the scholarly literature, as well as numerous other publications, which can be seen here: http://websites.psychology.uwa.edu.au/labs/cogscience/Publications.html

I'll be more than happy to write him and let him know you think he's a liar if you like. I suspect he might sue you.

Edited by Schneibster

This is reported by University of Western Australia Psychology Professor Stephan Lewandowsky on a blog he's a regular on:

http://www.shapingtomorrowsworld.org/rf1.html

Publication of the first paper (now known as LOG12) engendered a sustained and ongoing attack on the research and my work in general. Most of these attacks have been pursued by defamation on the internet, but they have also involved activities beneath the surface hidden from public view. I have already written about this Subterranean War on Science.

The strategies employed in those attacks follow a common playbook, regardless of which scientific proposition is being denied and regardless of who the targeted scientists are: There is cyber-bullying and public abuse by “trolling” (which recent research has linked to sadism); there is harassment by vexatious freedom-of-information (FOI) requests; there are the complaints to academic institutions; legal threats; and perhaps most troubling, there is the intimidation of journal editors and publishers who are acting on manuscripts that are considered inconvenient.

These are the personal experiences of this Professor of Psychology. I suggest that these are common properties of members of the US Libertarian Party, and of right-wing "libertarians" in general. I believe there is a great deal of material to support these allegations and I believe this site is attempting to deny and suppress this information.

I recommend you copy this immediately as it probably will not be here tomorrow. The links, however, will be.

I guess it's kind of amusing that a site already identified as engaging in sadism, harassment, and intimidation is trying to suppress evidence of sadism, harassment, and intimidation.

Umm, gee I guess that's kinda ironic, huh?

I'm up to six sites all of which are describing your sadistic harassment, now, folks. I'm trumpeting this as loud as I can on my blog, and I've got a thousand hits since I started. Someone made the mistake of publishing it; turns out he's a Libertardian himself, and now he's trying to disappear somewhere and pretend it never happened. Geez, Someone for cryin' out loud. Who knew?

I really enjoy asking smart alecks questions they can't answer and watching them flounder.

Edited by CaptainPanic
Post edited to remove the name of someone who is not personally involved in this thread. Also removed some vulgar language.

!

Moderator Note

Schneibster,

This site is not denying or suppressing any information. However, we do not appreciate all the accusations and since it is unclear whether this thread is supposed to be about the posts of a professor in psychology, or about how SFN is moderating its forum, I am closing this thread.

I have only removed the name of someone who isn't personally involved here. Don't bring your fights from elsewhere to our forum. Also, don't use any vulgar language here.

Thread closed (but not deleted or suppressed).