Must a person always tell the truth?

Alan McDougall

You stated that withholding information is being deceptive and being deception is always a lie. Yet what you posted says simply being deceptive does not make it a lie. You are the one who claimed I was being a liar by choosing not to share something. You are the one who stated it was deceptive. Even if we agreed it was deceptive according to the link all deceptions are not lies but lying is deceptive. So if you truly believe this anyone who has information they do not share with everyone must be a liar. So do we not have a right to privacy?

Where did I claim you were a liar? exactly where and when did I point out to you specifically as a liar??? Lighten up man!angry.png

Where did I claim you were a liar? exactly where and when did I point out to you specifically as a liar??? Lighten up man!angry.png

You have stated that withholding information is deception and that deception is always a lie. If someone lies they are a liar. I stated I withhold information and so you are too stating that I am a liar.

You have stated that withholding information is deception and that deception is always a lie. If someone lies they are a liar. I stated I withhold information and so you are too stating that I am a liar.

Oh! rubbish, you are oversensitive, take a tranquillizer to calm down!

!

Moderator Note

Alan, keep the personal snipes out of it. If you can't respond to people civilly and with some actual substance, don't post.

Edit: Furthermore, it's not Marshalscienceguy's fault that you can't remember your own words. If you're going to engage in debate, perhaps you start keeping better track of such things.

Do not respond to this modnote within the thread. If you disagree with it, please PM a member of staff or report this post.

• 2 months later...

The outcome of not being truthful is what is at stake. This is written into the US Constitution in such a way that may be too lax.

Misleading statements that in someway violate a social contract or in any other way result in harm will result in complaints of another party. So you have privacy concerns.

The social contract concept is key to any intrapersonal communications. Everything is sort of just like a mistake.