Science Quiz

Guest uuu

First in a series. This is based on nerves and hormones

Here are some questions about some sciences.

Please make your answers detailed, but please don't crap on.

If you do not know the answer, just leave it

1. What is the difference between the central and peripheral nervous system?

2. Write definitions for the following words: neuron, receptors, effectors, stimuli.

3. Explain how a nerve impulse moves from one nerve cell to another

4. What is the difference between the left and right side of the brain?

5. What are the following parts of the brain responsible for: hypothalamus, pituitary gland, cerebrum, pineal gland?

6. Explain how information moves from short term to long term memory.

7. What is the difference between grey and white matter?

8. Nmae 3 hormones, the effect on the body and the gland in which it is excreted from.

9. What is a target cell?

10. Explain conditioning and imprinting

I'm taking bets on how many people use google for their answers

Pah, I have a several hundred dollars worth of biology textbooks and other reading just laying around my desk. With all the frickin money that I've spent why would I use google?

i can try answering question 3. The ans are solely based on memory. If you want detailed answers. check the textbook.

3. Explain how a nerve impulse moves from one nerve cell to another

For a nerve impulse to be stimulated, there must be a stimulus. The impulses travel from the sensory neurone to the relay neurone via a synapse.* The relay neurone which maybe lying in the spinal cord or brain, transports the information to the central nervous system. Then, the spinal cord or brain creates an effect to the stimulus which is carried by the relay nuerone to the effector nuerone, whereby the effect is carried out by the effector organ.

This nervous pathway is called a reflex arc.

Additional info. the structure of a neurone.

Towards the cell-body of the neurone: dendron

Away from the cell body of the neurone: axon

the ends where a synapse takes place: dendrites

(the information maybe needed. to show how a nerve impulse move in a neurone.)

Maybe you wish to say how much marks it is worth? So, we know how much to put in?

lol. I'd help as I've done this before, but as said a good search in google will help you more then us telling you straight, this way you will read around the subject which will help no ends.

work the white matter and hope the gray takes it top the right place, lol.

For a nerve impulse to be stimulated' date=' there must be a stimulus. [/quote']

I know this will sound strange, but this not always the case, the nerons in the eyes work different, they send pulses when they dont have simulus.

cant remeber if this is for the cone or rodes, but its comes of one of the "junction" points, lol. cant remember what its called, but i never forget a picture.