• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 RiceAWay

RiceAWay

Meson

• Senior Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

I went through your questions and working in great detail.

Following a complete failure to address even one of my questions, why would you expect me to answer yours?

The above is just a load of waffle.

Actually you totally buried the question. Exactly where did our original poster ask about vector analysis or centripetal force? His question assumed that mass was a part of the equation that he was not interested in.

#82 studiot

studiot

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationSomerset, England

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Actually you totally buried the question. Exactly where did our original poster ask about vector analysis or centripetal force? His question assumed that mass was a part of the equation that he was not interested in.

If you are going to make claims here it would be wise to ensure their correctness.

The original post was over 5 years ago. some time before I actually joined SF.

I did not in fact join the discussion until recently, when I did indeed offer a novel answer to the OP's question "Where did the half come from" in my post#39.

If you are actually interested to learn anything you might be interested to know that there is another energy formula containing the factor of one half.

Strain energy = 1/2 stress x strain.

This also causes difficulty when folks first meet it.

I think both these difficulties are caused by over emphasis of the formula  work energy = force x distance in early learning of physics.

#83 RiceAWay

RiceAWay

Meson

• Senior Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

If you are going to make claims here it would be wise to ensure their correctness.

The original post was over 5 years ago. some time before I actually joined SF.

I did not in fact join the discussion until recently, when I did indeed offer a novel answer to the OP's question "Where did the half come from" in my post#39.

If you are actually interested to learn anything you might be interested to know that there is another energy formula containing the factor of one half.

Strain energy = 1/2 stress x strain.

This also causes difficulty when folks first meet it.

I think both these difficulties are caused by over emphasis of the formula  work energy = force x distance in early learning of physics.

It really doesn't matter whether this posting was made 20 years ago or now. Students looking for answers to simple questions get very little from your definition of space/time and relativity. No matter HOW CORRECT you are that totally redirected the question.

It struck me that you were more interested in showing your own understanding of quantum physics than in a simple question. I think that this is the same argument I've had on some of the other strings here. No matter the width and grasp of your own physics, people that are beginning or even intermediate students aren't helped by throwing advanced knowledge at them. All it does is to confuse the issue.

#84 imatfaal

imatfaal

lazy do-nothing mudslinger

• Moderators
  • 7,179 posts
  • LocationSt James's Park

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

!

Moderator Note

RiceAWay

Would you be kind enough to stop focussing on criticism of other members' posting style, approach, and abilities and, instead, concentrate on the science and the debate.  Too many of your 27 posts seem to be targetted away from the science and towards the posters themselves.

I remind everyone else that if a poster takes a thread off-topic then the best option is to report the post rather than make matters worse by replying to the hijack.

Please do not respond to this moderation within the thread.

A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.

- Alexander Pope

feel free to click the green arrow  ---->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users