Do animals have "wet dreams"?

Mr Skeptic

Do animals dream? Having owned dogs and seeing them twitching in their sleep, moving their limbs and making small noises I am convinced that they do. Can they imagine indulging in sexual acts? I googled - animal masturbation - and apparently its quite common. So if they can experience these two things then I would think that "wet dreams" are quite likely.

When I was a young lad I watched a bull trying to service a cow for the first time and it mounted the cow and ejaculated about twenty times without penetrating the cow until it finally succeeded....to my mind these were spontaneous emissions without any penile/vaginal contact so it's not a stretch imo that a bull is capable of nocturnal emissions...its mental response is perfectly capable of bringing about ejaculation by thought alone.

Do animals dream? Having owned dogs and seeing them twitching in their sleep, moving their limbs and making small noises I am convinced that they do. Can they imagine indulging in sexual acts? I googled - animal masturbation - and apparently its quite common. So if they can experience these two things then I would think that "wet dreams" are quite likely.

I don't think having sexual fantasies is a requirement for a wet dream

I've seen several of our pet rabbits humping in their sleep over the years (though I didn't hang around to check out the result).

Odd, that's something I would take pause to observe.

When I was a young lad I watched a bull trying to service a cow for the first time and it mounted the cow and ejaculated about twenty times without penetrating the cow until it finally succeeded....to my mind these were spontaneous emissions without any penile/vaginal contact so it's not a stretch imo that a bull is capable of nocturnal emissions...its mental response is perfectly capable of bringing about ejaculation by thought alone.

And I thought it was entertaining to watch them regurgitate and chew cud.

And I thought it was entertaining to watch them regurgitate and chew cud.

The bull was captive in a small pen with a cow and was observed by the farmer (along with my curious 12 year old self) to make sure that the short-legged hereford bull was capable of servicing the longer-legged fresians...in the event that it couldn't perform it wouldn't be used for stud.

Edited by StringJunky

Odd, that's something I would take pause to observe.

When you have a lot of rabbits, you see a lot of humping. They will hump anything that's even remotely rabbit sized or shaped, including their food bowls, peoples feet, the temperature adjuster on the radiator, etc. The interest of watching it rapidly diminishes :rolleyes:

• 5 years later...

I've seen several of our pet rabbits humping in their sleep over the years (though I didn't hang around to check out the result).

Never laugh so hard in my life :))

Humping in their sleep lool, never laught so good :))