Fly in earth

skulldude

My friend Betelgese toldme this.(heisa member)

Let us assume that the gravity of earth is1.Since the gravity of moonis 1/6, we are able to nearly fly in moon. Suppose, we go to a planet which has gravity 2 stay there for some years and then when we come to earth, would we able to fly in earth.

Please help

Yes, I think you can say that if you go to a place with double the gravity you will train your muscles a lot more.

Actually, athletes do this too: Of course they cannot go to another planet. So in stead they wear extra heavy shoes and put a weight around their middle or something. So they become heavier. Then when the day of the match comes, they feel very light :D

Whether training alone will be enough to really fly, I don't think so. Our bodies are not made to fly... and our strongest muscles are not in our arms.

But then again... there was a guy who made an airplane which was powered by a person, like a bike. It worked. :D

"Our organisms characteristics do not make that possible "

Please don't say things are impossible after someone has pointed out that they have been done.

Odd as it may seem, it's likely that you could fly on the "high gravity" planet too.

The atmosphere would be denser so the lift (and bouyancy) would be greater.

Since (at least some very fit athletic) people can fly on earth "DIY flying" might be a useful tourist atraction for a heavy planet.

Odd as it may seem, it's likely that you could fly on the "high gravity" planet too.

Since (at least some very fit athletic) people can fly on earth "DIY flying" might be a useful tourist atraction for a heavy planet.

The OP is proposing that if we go to a planet with double Earth's gravity for a while, then come back, we would be able to fly on Earth.

I propose that he (or his friend) does not understand the idea of mass.

"Our organisms characteristics do not make that possible "

Please don't say things are impossible after someone has pointed out that they have been done.

Oh, so someone has flown fly like a raven. How so???