A particle that starts with an S?

GrandMasterK

I remember a couple months ago watching a nice little show done like a movie about disaster scenarios. There was one where, I think, the guy was going to use a particle accelerator to do something and it exploded and start forming something (I think it was a black hole). Well before they did it the news reporter was talking about a theory of what may happen in a worst case scenario, something about forming particles that start with an S. Can anybody help me out?

Sparticals. They are the theoretical opposite to particals. In the theory of super symetry, every particle has an anti-particle to match it. Those are sparticles. We know this to be true in some cases, but things such as gravitons' sparticles continue to elude us.

Well before they did it the news reporter was talking about a theory of what may happen in a worst case scenario, something about forming particles that start with an S. Can anybody help me out?
Also there are supersymmetric partners to leptons and quarks called sleptons and squarks. And I've seen skyrmions mentioned in relation to subatomic particles. And there are strange quarks. Do these ring any bells?

I am fairly sure this would be strange quarks, since there was a worry that they would destroy the universe or something.

I heard a bit about this, something like if you could make enough strange matter and send it to the Earth's core. But there was more to it...

Wasn't it something to do with strange matter, ie. matter made purely from strange quarks... it was this strange matter which could have destructive effects on normal matter.

What's the latest news on this strange matter, is it likely to exist in normal space (ie. outside of a neutron star or particle accelerator)? And how does it interact with "normal" matter?