the path to immortality.

quickquestion

I speak of America. In America suicidals are thrown in mental hospitals under lock and key. They are not technically called asylums, but are basically almost the same, since you cannot leave without first getting permission from a doctor.

America's view on psychology and psychiatry - in organisation of healthcare, that is; I'm sure there are researchers who've published a lot of valuable information - is indeed, imo, enormously narrow-minded and egocentric. Liberalism would do fine.

Just a bunch o' bollocks.

America's view on psychology and psychiatry - in organisation of healthcare, that is; I'm sure there are researchers who've published a lot of valuable information - is indeed, imo, enormously narrow-minded and egocentric. Liberalism would do fine.

Just a bunch o' bollocks.

Liberalism, yes, but not liberals.

The definition of liberal is someone who questions tradition and has a deep philosophy of the universe.

But most liberals tend to be very closed-minded, fixed in their beliefs and follow the mainstream.

Liberalism, yes, but not liberals.

The definition of liberal is someone who questions tradition and has a deep philosophy of the universe.

But most liberals tend to be very closed-minded, fixed in their beliefs and follow the mainstream.

I'm quite okay with the lines of thought of the liberalists here; but then again, let's not compare political systems of different nations in this thread.

And if you do that to someone then they are not the same person. So why bother at all.

(I can't even imagine how boring a 'comfortable' life would be.)

Comfort is everything.

If you are comfortable bunjee jumping, or doing daredevil stunts, by all means, do them.

But it is wrong to force something on someone they are not comfortable with.

If someone is comfortable starving themselves, by fasting, that is fine, but people should not be forced into starvation.

If someone is comfortable with a lifestyle of chastity and celibacy, that is their decision, but if someone wants to have sex, the response should not be "Oh, well just go chasity, I did it and I don't mind". If someone wants to eat, the response should not be "Oh, back in my day, I was starving, so get down with your own starvation."

That is the whole point of having comfortable lives...to make lives people are comfortable having.

Anything else, is metaphorical rape. Rape, metaphorically, is when you force someone to endure a thing they are not comfortable with.

It would be like forcing someone to watch Horror videos when they asked you not to.

Just imagine an immortal Trump creature!

There are a statue of limitations on presidents, so his immortality is irrelevant. Furthermore, corrupt dictators would not be invincible, just immortal.

What I am mainly worried about is the ridiculous laws and penalties made up by unthinking humans. It's like, you make some counterfeit money, and they send you to life in prison. People think they are Yahweh or Princess Celestia, they think you deserve to be tortured for 1000 years over some minor crimes. I say, get thy hand off the controller. The prison system is proof of the evil of the human specie. They just casually hand out sentences like they think they are Yahweh, Yahweh a false god who thinks he can send people to eternal damnation.

Great list of countries. You can kind of expect what kind of countries make suicide attempts "illegal". I'm actually quite surprised that assisted suicide is legal, baffled that it's legal in Belgium: I always thought helping someone committing suicide was illegal.

Yes, Belgium is great :).

For the record, we don't go around killing each other and calling it suicide.

Assisted suicide and euthanasia are heavily regulated, under supervision of physicians and only in case of unbearable suffering.