Technically if you count from 1 to infinity you'd be able to pull any files out of existence

fredreload

Well, so to rephrase what I mean, files exist as binaries, and to pull that file out of existence is to get the correct binary sequence or number. Now this number can be quite huge, but with some trainer we should be able to filter and get the desired file out of thin air. Now this is just a thought, but think of a machine that can pull and get you the file you need by building and training binaries. So I am just curious as to what approach you would take because this is all theoretical. Probably with an evolutionary algorithm.

No - because you also have every possible spelling, typographical, mathematical error and every combination of such, of every file in existence, and all of them backwards, and all of them written in every known language, and every cypher, and in pirate speak...

The problem isn't whether they will be there - they will be there; but, you can never find them amongst all the chaff

Well, so to rephrase what I mean, files exist as binaries, and to pull that file out of existence is to get the correct binary sequence or number. Now this number can be quite huge, but with some trainer we should be able to filter and get the desired file out of thin air. Now this is just a thought, but think of a machine that can pull and get you the file you need by building and training binaries. So I am just curious as to what approach you would take because this is all theoretical. Probably with an evolutionary algorithm.

In the bad old days I had a computer that was a bit rubbish. It had just 1 K of memory (That's not a typo) and since the screen used quite a bit of it, I was left with about 700 bytes to work with.

That's an absurdly small computer.

700 bytes is 5600 bits and so the number of ways I could fill the memory of that "toy" computer is 2^5600

That's about 10 ^1686 possible combinations.

There isn't enough space in the universe to store that.

In the bad old days I had a computer that was a bit rubbish. It had just 1 K of memory (That's not a typo) and since the screen used quite a bit of it, I was left with about 700 bytes to work with.

That's an absurdly small computer.

700 bytes is 5600 bits and so the number of ways I could fill the memory of that "toy" computer is 2^5600

That's about 10 ^1686 possible combinations.

There isn't enough space in the universe to store that.

Wow, that was one serious mashine. What was it? I started with a 64Kb Atari 65xe.

I need to put some thoughts on this one. Well to begin with you can create an image, then you use image search on that image, and each time you find a similar image you save it as a binary file, then you match the binary files to create a trainer and eventually a pattern, then any image you create based on this pattern would resemble the original image but with slight variation. Or you use an evolutionary algorithm on an existing program to get an even better program. Well this can be pretty broad, but it's just a concept as to what image search and evolutionary algorithm can do. We can create things to our liking toward a direction with a formula in mind

P.S. Yes evolutionary algorithm haven't gotten that far aside from 3D simulation of fish and walking sticks but maybe we haven't put enough thoughts into it, no offense but those are great creations

P.S. Keep in mind programs are also binaries, so you add in a 0 if it gets faster good, slower, change it to a 1, no change, etc

Edited by fredreload