Speed of Massless Particles

geordief

Another half -baked idea that I have put in this sub forum (with permission hopefully) :unsure:;)

I appreciate that Einstein accepted that the speed of light was a constant regardless of the inertial frame of reference without necessarily going into the "why" and I also think it may be the case that he was making his theory before the MM (non) results came through....

So I have this idea (if it is an idea) that we could perhaps regard the maximum speed limit ( which applies to massless particles) as more of a "base" speed that existed at the outset of the universe ( a default speed perhaps ).

As the universe evolved particles ,depending on circumstance tend to go slower and slower but never reach pure stasis one with another .

We tend to look at things from our perspective of things not moving but we are seeing it a bit like a mirror image of the "natural" order of things

As I say ,it is a half baked idea and I would be personally unable to put any flesh on the bone...I would however still welcome anyone saying that they understand what I am trying to say and (I guess) that it is (a) wrong (b) unhelpful or © might have something that could be built on.. ...--or maybe (d) that what I have said is incomprehensible and just wooly "thinking".

I appreciate that Einstein accepted that the speed of light was a constant regardless of the inertial frame of reference without necessarily going into the "why" and I also think it may be the case that he was making his theory before the MM (non) results came through....

Einstein was 8 when the M-M experiment happened.