1 member has voted

1. 1. JP III - T-rex Vs. Spino

• T-rex should have snapped Spino like a twig
    • Sure, Spino could kill T-rex without a problem
    • It's a close call, could go either way
    • The director can do whatever he wants
    • Impossible to guess

What's the new sauropod with a double row of spines, Amargasaurus? :confused:

Yeah, and it also had a bent neck. Weird. Part of the fun of studying dinosaurs is trying to figure out just what some of the stranger adaptations are for.

And I don't know, but whenever I see the movies, then pictures of various dromaeosaurs compared to man, the JP raptors seem much closer to Deinonychus (correct sp this time) rather than Uah. I know everyone and everything refers to tham being more like Utahs, but they just seem far too small, whereas thy're just about the right size to be the Deinons.

I think in the first movie, the velos are actually bigger compared to JP3, where they are closer to Deinonychus. I will have to check. But we can agree they are much too big to be velociraptors.

Plus, paloeontologists are starting to think it may have had a hump instead of a sail. The spines that stick up are less like the spines supporting say, Dimetrodon's sail, but more like the ones supporting a camel's hump. Its fossils are found in modern Egypt, a desert, so this makes further sense. Also hadrosaur named Ouranosaurus lived at the same place and time, and shared the same spines.

Well, back then it was a fertile floodplain. Plus, I'm skeptical of the "hump" hypothesis because they'd need a much longer tail to balance it, and from what I've seen of Ouranosaurus, it's tail is pretty much the same proportion as other hadrosaurs.

Paleonologists not sure whether or not Spinosaurus was definitely a piscivore, but its jaws certainly seem to point in that direction. Mokele probably knows better than me.

Well, not much better, especially since we don't have any Spinosaurus stomach contents. But yes, the jaws do seem like a piscivore, though it may also have scavenged (few predators don't) and snagged small terrestrial prey. We *have* found a series of moderate-sized pterosaur vertebrae with a spinosaur tooth lodged in them.

The phone thing added a cool element to the film, but I agree, it annoyed the crap out of me too.

When I first saw it, it was in the theater, and I kept looking around, because I though it was someone in the theater with their cellphone on. :rolleyes:

And I don't know, but whenever I see the movies, then pictures of various dromaeosaurs compared to man, the JP raptors seem much closer to Deinonychus (correct sp this time) rather than Uah.

From what I've seen, each species is off in each direction by a similar amount. Utah's are too big, Deinos are too small.

Mokele