How to Take Over a Small Country?

Kylonicus

Yah, the main economic revolution would be transhumanism, and possibly hyperfission(I have an idea, on how to generate energy, through the use of particle accelerators, and a way to "recycle" energy infinitely, the particle accelerators would take an endless amount of energy to break down stuff, but since the energy would be "recycled", then there would be no energy lost, and there would hopefully be an energy gain. It's a really wierd idea, but so far it should work, and from a physics standpoint I don't see any violation of the laws of physics).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah right. If you were that close to a feasible idea, the oil companies would already have had you whacked.

Which is why Kyloncius is currently hiding out in a small country in South America, already implementing his idea. :P

Ok. Stockpile medium range missiles, and chlorofluorocarbons. Build a base in antartica, with silos and missiles filled with CFCs. Threaten to launch the missiles into the ozone. Request a hundred million dollars. When they laugh switch to all the gold on earth. Then abandon the base but take the gold. Buy whichever country you want :D

But the missiles are connected to my hearbeat :D And even if they don't care they will care someday when it cascades down upon them in a torrent of very screwed up weather HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Don't forget sunburns, which will drive them into economic collapse as the sunblock companies become the dominant economic power, and subsequently the only power at all, on Earth, driving them to produce so much of their product that they exhaust its source, leading to the collapse of their empire, and total chaos across the planet.

Screw all that hard work, kill Bill Gates, steal his money, and buy a damn country!

But seriously, [plaugerism]monkey wisk tho eyes of [/plaugerism] a country president, and in his absence, under cover of the countrie's bewilderment and daze, claim the througne. (Sorry, bad speliong.) That would probably work in Cuba.

One major problem with your "Hyperintelligent" strategy (besides impossibility) is you may have noticed that historically, smart people are much more capable at seizing power for themselves. A highly intelligent work force means a quick to downfall of the dictatorship. The only reason the US is still around: stupid citizens.

Hmm, thousands of political scientists and historians missed that, and you found it out. Oh poo.

They didn't miss it...but if they say anything to anyone, they mysteriously disapear :eek:

The only feasible, long-long-long term society is one in which the entire living populace is tracked and acounted for, and only a select few are provided for, but only at a minimal level, but the rest are prodded to strive for capitalist success, except for law enforcment/military and rescue services, teachers, and scientists and researchers, who can, if they wish, recieve fair funding from the government. Gov officials must make their own money, to ensure they truly are working for the people.

The population should be relatively small, and if you break the laws you do get a fair investigation into the truth of the crime (no lawyers, no juries, only unbiased investigative teams), but if you try to run, an orbital neural-fry-beam cannon tracks you down and blows out your neural pathways. Poeple of higher rank who abuse their powers are automatically executed. A democratic system based on the old spartan politics, but above that, the overlord or whatever and my, er, his or her, yeah, his or her high council make the final decisions. Try to eliminate all bureacracy.

Give people what they want within reason, as long as it doesn't undermine the integrity of the planet or civilization, but when they cross that line, make an example of them. I'm gonna need about fifteen years to set the final plans into motion, and in another fifteen to twenty, I will finally strike....

...if you break the laws you do get a fair investigation into the truth of the crime (no lawyers, no juries, only unbiased investigative teams)...

Where are you going to get unbiased teams???

if you try to run, an orbital neural-fry-beam cannon tracks you down and blows out your neural pathways. Poeple of higher rank who abuse their powers are automatically executed.

So if you do something wrong they kill you, sounds like quite the advanced system.

I think I used sacrasm wa too much. :D

Hehehe. I'm a sociopath!! :D But up until the killing, I'm tend to be quite nice :) . As for the unbiased teams, I'm still trying to decide between dolphins and squirrel monkeys, or maybe both :confused: . And no one can ever use too much sarcasm. Oh, I also think it's important that a civilized soceity would never let its people unpeel bananas in a counter clockwise direction, on pain of death. :mad:

So if you do something wrong they kill you, sounds like quite the advanced system.
That's the problem with civilization today. Everyone overcomplicates things, bureacracy, fabricated human rights, etc etc etc. The bad guys, the good guys, that's why eventually, they all fail. :-(

But if things are too simple, people find loopholpes in the system. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. I believe Athinians were close to it. Other than the slave labor and sexism, obviosly.

Yes, I'd like to incorporate a bit of Athenian structure too.

But if things are too simple, people find loopholpes in the system.
Which is where lots of harsh punishment comes into play :rolleyes: . Without bureacracy, loopholes pose no threat, because the decision on matters is made based on the opinions and interpretations of community councils (who ultimately answer to the global council) rather than endless spools of redtape and procedure. You do something wrong, but make a good case on your behalf, you're released, maybe only with probabtion, depending on who you appeal to. You can't make a good defense for yourself, you get punished to the extent fitting of the crime, decided again by the councils.

One good reason for redtape and procedures is a) it settles disputes which may take forever to resolve, b) it puts power limits on certain individuals, c) the procedures greatly increase the efficiency and reduce time which a government operation takes.

It may work for the Athenians, but remember, these were the same guys who had endless time to think about stuff due to slave labor.

I believe it was a 1/5 ratio, 5 slaves for every Athenian, or somewhere close to that.

Actually, the above assumptions are entirely untrue

A) councils would preside over small communities, due to the severely reduced population. Situations the councils couldn't resolse on their own would get sent to higher powers, who must make the decision. And decisions must be made at a very quick rate. No squabbling over technicalities, or else you're dismissed. And dammit you dope, redtape is the thing that makes simple procedures take years to complete. It slows things down

B) Threat of death will stop them from abusing power. Considering they don't get special treatment or salaries, there is less to become corrupt for than in this society. There will be some corruptness, but that would end when they were chopped up.

C) Your opinion in C is the most idiotic, ignorant, absolutely false statement I've ever read, the total and absolute oposite of how it really works. Don't you watch John Stossel? (wait, where do you live?)

I am not saying red tape and procedures are not without problems, I am just saying that they have some advantages, and that they obviously have more advantages than disadvantages due to the fact that we still use them.

Oh Azure Phoenix, two other possibilities to acquire a small country,

1) Mind control cults, systematically begin mind controlling people, having them join cults and conditioning them to think the way you want them too.

2) If you somehow invented AI, you could build one great army, and whipe out enemies.

I suggest the former, for the latter is much too much work.

Using neurosteroids and cybernetics you might however, be able to produce super intelligent monkeys(although I don't know how practical this would be, it seems if you had super intelligent monkeys they'd be just as rebellious as humans, and it's much easier to brain wash humans).

They (as in Red Tape) are there to ensure laws are followed in ways that are technically accurate, without imposing upon the "rights" of the people, and to ensure the government doesn't get screwed over, and so tha they can scrounge every penny possible. The red tape bogs down processes and simple decisions in weeks, months or even years of procedure. In a society in which law is less rigidly defined (and is determined by the opinion and judgement of those appointed to make such decisions, depending on the specifics of every situation) eliminates the need for red tape.Far fewer people, and a limited number of laws would help condsiderably. My government certainly wouldn't survive a population of over six billion idiots and a few million satisfactory people.

1) Mind control cults' date=' systematically begin mind controlling people, having them join cults and conditioning them to think the way you want them too.

[/quote'] totally unfeasible. Too many variables. It would take too much time. You'd never be able to reach a significant number of people before you were found out and stopped.