How to Take Over a Small Country?

Kylonicus

Anybody got any ideas on how to takeover a small country?

I was thinking it would be kinda fun to takeover some place like Venezuela, I mean, I'd make a much better dictator than Hugo Chavez. Or Columbia.

It would be alot of work, and kinda risky, but I think if I got enough backers I(or anyone else for that matter) could takeover a country like that.

Any thoughts? :confused:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about using a plane, and bomb the tar out of the country?

Or using a biological weapon to infect the populace their, like ebola or something, and the only way to avoid dying, is to join us.

Very simple, join us, or die.

That kinda strategy.

I mean, there is a cure to ebola, it's a blood transfusion from a survivor, but if they didn't know that, then most of the people there would either die off, resisting invasion, which means all you would have to do is wait, or join you, which means the problem is solved.

No, I didn't get the transfusion idea from the movie outbreak.

I have never seen that movie.

I got my information from a documentary on ebola, in which out of the thousands upon thousands of infected people, like 8 survived. One of the nurses got infected with ebola. The doctors knew that the procedure was risky, and any other pathogens which were in the patients blood would infect the nurse, but they had no other choice. After the transfusion, the nurse was fine, and could function(not as well as before I think, not due to infection, but due to the damage to internal organs caused by the infection previous to the immunity granted).

This is how I think that ebola could easily be tackled. It's been proven to work, why not have it work again?

This isn't pseudo science, it's proven fact!

It would be an effective way of eliminating enemy combatants.

This is a science forum, however this is the political section of the science forum. I am not flaming people, nor am I criticizing other peoples beliefs.

Am I scary, yes kind of. Am I a future dictator, maybe, but more likely I'll be a future dictator's henceman, developing this that or the other and solving problems(being a dictator is alot of stress, plus there are alot of assasination attempts made on your life all the time), if the dictator knew I was completely loyal, and if I didn't cause him problems, he wouldn't shoot me, and I would have a relatively high place within the government.

There is no such thing as an ebola surviver. If you're infected, you're going to die. If I'm not mistaken you got your blood transfusion idea from the movie Outbrake.
Ten percent of those who contract the very worst strain survive it. Transsfusing hteir blood won't cure it, but it will fight the disease and incease odds of survial. Ebola's my favorite disease, and I've done the research.

But disease is too dangerous for warfare, especially something as virulent as Ebola. Too many options for backfire. As I've said before, what we need are some sort of neural fry bombs, you know, just wipe out the enemies' brains with some energy pulse. Destroy a city with minimal damage (most dmage would come from people driving I suppose).

Thanks Azurephoenix,

If Ebola wasn't enough, one could combined multiple diseases, the use of 5 or 6 different viruses, that way if the body could defeat one disease, it might not be able to defeat all the diseases, decreasing survival rate.

People would be willing to do whatever it takes to get a hands on treatment, even kill their own druglords. Which means that they would become subsurveant to the next dictator and what not.

This could be applied to one small oil rich country, and with the resources from one small oil rich country, you could setup cues in other third world countries. Your backers would be rewarded richly, your soldiers would be rewarded richly, the current administration which is robbing the people would die, and it would simply be one dictator replacing another. However, once you acquired a large enough number of countries, you could then begin focusing on actual social problems, you could establish yourself as like a monarch, and indoctrinate the people to think of you as such.

If one controlled a large number of third world countries, one could begin focusing on building a empire.

You could impose your political beliefs on a large number of people, and succeed.

I would like to create a group of transhumanist, with some sort of ethics system, that due to prenatal manipulation of hormones, epigenetics and genetics, would have an extremely high level of intelligence, and so the whole civilization could focus on highly technical jobs.

The whole population having high intelligence could do things like research, engineering, innovation.

an extremely high level of intelligence' date=' and so the whole civilization could focus on highly technical jobs.

The whole population having high intelligence could do things like research, engineering, innovation.[/quote'] Someone has to do the crappy work. No civilization can function without a low-tech labor force. And if you so much as mutter "robots," you'd better hope a comet wipes out the planet, 'cuz that's the only thing that's gonna save you from the fires of my wrath

I even have a systematic approach on how it would be possible.

Current state = slightly crazy, but a bright student

I have been doing research for over 9 months on neural regeneration, my approach has been to look at the differences between a child's brain and adults brain. Hypothetically if these differences were eliminated neural regeneration would be possible.

Presupposing this worked, I could also use neural regeneration to enhance my intelligence to whatever I wanted to become, which I would do to an extreme degree.

I could then focus heavily on education, and on making money. Once I acquired a average amount of money like 60-70 grand a year, I could focus on acquiring followers.

I could take the destitute, the poor, the diseased, and the elderly, and give them hope, promise, and a cure. I could cure the diseased of neurological disorders, individuals of spinal disorders, and the poor would be promised prosperity.

We would then focus on corporate interest, with a large number of highly intelligent individuals, we could make alot of money, and we could focus on expanding our membership and, once we would have sufficient backing, we could begin a cue to takeover a foreign country.

Once we tookover someplace like Columbia, and I stop drug production, do you really think that anybody would care? Everybody would be glad for us to eliminate the drug lords. We would only improve the quality of life.

Eventually from there we could expand my operations, and we could form an oligarchy.

It's called overseas labor, and since we would be an oligarchy, depending on how loyal you and your parents are, would determine how high your abilities were made. Adjustments to intelligence could be made later Thus, the most intelligent would rule, because whoever rules determines whose most intelligent.

There would always be those that would reject the parties view.

may i reccomend taking over sealand first. its quite small, so it should be a good contry to be your first conquest, although i believe the prince has a few SAS friends...

if you use diseases (espesially viral haemorragic fevers like ebola) in your conquest, you will not be left with many people to rule over.

Anybody got any ideas on how to takeover a small country?

I was thinking it would be kinda fun to takeover some place like Venezuela' date=' I mean, I'd make a much better dictator than Hugo Chavez. Or Columbia.

It would be alot of work, and kinda risky, but I think if I got enough backers I(or anyone else for that matter) could takeover a country like that.

Any thoughts? :confused:[/quote']

There is so much oil in Venezuela that the U.S would give you serious competition if you are trying to take it over. :P

I'm thinking, you would need to form sort of economic revolution. Create some new industry that would cause the country to gain tremendous income. Obviously, this would create for yourself a lot of popularity in the country. Then. you would be granted honorary citizenship, or the like. Then you have to gain power in the government...private donations work nicely. Then, the gov't pretty much has to do what you say, because, let's face it, money talks. Then after your established you can run for office...if it's already dictationship, you can spread democracy propaganda, use you financial influence to set up democratic state, and win US backing because of it. Then you can run for office, and corrupt it from the inside if you want to create your own dictatorship.

take over Canada; that way it looks like you did more :D

or get two waterguns and a pellet gun to take over Mexico. it shouldn't take more than half an hour :D

but seriously, why take over a small country?