Social implications in real life of SFN

Obnoxious

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is I have never been physically abused like how you guys have been....and I am not big either that I would scare people from hurting me.

yeah... me too.

im 5'2". i was in programming class for 2 years and now i TA for it. all the upper-classmen new me because i went to the highschool to take geometry when i was still in middleschool, i was in physics in sophmore year, so im pretty much recognized school wide as a geek to the max times 10, and to cap it all off, im horribly obnoxious. i had a habit of insulting the big jock type people about how stupid they were when they called me a geek. i had to correct my biology teacher on a daily basis, kids started calling me a smartass becuase of my attitude. i would tell them its better than being a dumbass. and yet not a one of them ever stuffed me into a trash can or toilet. the worst abuse i ever got was from the wrestling team, and thats because i was ON the wrestling team and we all just abused each other...

strange. im almost tempted to think that when you actually show them you dont give a damn what they think or what they threaten you with, and your still gonna call them a dumbass, they lose their confidence in picking on you. :P

but then this one dude who was a class above me, dumber than a rock, and about 2 or 3 hundred pounds heavier did wallop me with his whale like arm one time... hes the only one though.

because the next runner up got 59,028,109 votes. its easy for someone to become the president even if half the country doesnt like them. most of us either cant or dont vote, among those who do it doesnt take a majority to be elected.

its entirely possible for someone to be elected president without recieving the majority of the votes. its also entirely possible for someone to be elected president of the united states even when someone else recieved more of the popular vote than they did.

and no, im not talking about floridians not being able to figure out the ballots or the supreme court handing it to one person. the electoral college makes it so.

More specifically, in high school. A few people at school discovered my love for science and math, and my consistent attempts at improving my knowledge of our world. In response, they've branded me as a heretic - a traitor to the cause; and anti-revolutionary, destinied to face the social gulliotine. Despite my obvious ignorance compared to a good majority of you guys at SFN, I can't help but feel a hot spit of injustice upon my face everytime my fellow schoolmates edge away from me upon my arrival. Anyone share similar experinces? :embarass:

Why do you worry about what "a few" people at your school think of you? Apparently, there are a lot of people at your school who admire you. Why don't you and others who like science start a Science Club.

The people who have branded you as a heretic are trying to bring you down to their own level. Back in the 60's, when I was in high school, my best friends were my "band buddies". Some of them happened to be "science buddies" too. There were six of us who hung around together who have remained friends, all these years. Last year our high school celebrated its 50th anniversary. We had an all class reunion, it was spearheaded by the members of my "Class of 67". We raised $25,000. as seed money for a scholarship fund.

As far as the "heretics" were concerned - we had them back then too, and their attitudes hadn't changed over the years. They scoffed at our "all class reunion" idea. They couldn't imagine why we would want to do something for our high school - they hated it then and hate it still. We got some very ugly responses when we contacted them and asked them to attend the reunion. They were incensed that we were charging and thought it should be free. When we told them we were having the event to kick off a scholarship fund that could benefit their children, they said their children had no interest in going to college - that they didn't need a "high fallutin' education". They were my generation's "Do Nothings" and their children will be the ones of this generation who will rise no further in life than waiting tables or flipping burgers. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with menial labor - I have the greatest admiration for wait people, and some of them probably make better tips than I make income. IMHO, digging ditches is far superior to collecting welfare.

However, you do not need to associate with people who try to drag you down rather than raising themselves up.

When you're in high school, they ridicule you.

When you're in college, they come to you in their time of academic need.

When you're settling into your career, they fetch you coffee in the morning and change your trashbin. Life has its funny little ways of ensuring people reap what they sow.

Nonetheless, embrace who you are. I know it's hard in high school because you're often pressured to be someone you're not. In the end, you'll only find happiness in being yourself.

When you're in high school' date=' they ridicule you.

When you're in college, they come to you in their time of academic need.

When you're settling into your career, they fetch you coffee in the morning and change your trashbin. Life has its funny little ways of ensuring people reap what they sow.

Nonetheless, embrace who you are. I know it's hard in high school because you're often pressured to be someone you're not. In the end, you'll only find happiness in being yourself.[/quote']

That is so true, but it is hard to believe when you are in high school....like me. I feel like shit every time they abuse me....

I remember (not a lot lol) but I started smoking pot thanks in part to a guy who recently commited suicide due to prison rape and crack addiction. Though back in the day he was a lot nicer before he met some very evil people. I loved hiting the bong in the library or skipping school to get drunk with this girl I liked then sneaking in to talk to friends while drunk. One time we outran this chinese guard who chased us down but never caught us' date=' very funny too. laughed for hours until her dad grounded her.

But before high school I was abused severely, hit everyday for fun because they could and when I got sick of it I'd say things back, oh the rappers didn't like that. Public schools are hell on earth and not worth it. if it sucks bad home school. I dropped out and have a very hard time finding work or keeping a job because people are still as*ho*es. Don't let the bastards get ya down.[/quote']

Gosh that must feel bad. Aren't there adult education centres you can attend? As my father says, it is never too late to learn something new. You still probably have 30-35 years to do something with your life....

they're called townies where i come from. remember three things:

as you get older, the size difference between you and the townies will (probably) decrease.

as you get older, and the people you come into contact with also increase in age, more and more of the townies will have been weeded off and put into jail.

as you get older, you will come to realise how truly pathetic townies are, and every time one bugs you, rather than being bothered by it, you will instead be thankful that you were not born a townie.