Life: your thoughts

luc

Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Life

I'm asking: does life exist on other planet/s?. My thought is that life exist on other planet/s, and intelligent, the Universe is too great to have us as unique living beings

I think it's likely that life even evolved in this solar system (besides Earth). I have a vague feeling it's easier for life to evolve than most people are ready to admit. Consider that life evolved very early in Earth's history, and that's just the stuff we've found fossils of. I don't have any problem with the idea that primitive life evolved on mars, and now exists underground (but I think it probably died out), or that life absolutely thrives under the icy crust of europa.

What is it estimated, that 20% of stars have planetary systems? That's many more than Erich Von Daniken's supposed 1 in a 1000 stars (one tenth of a percent), and he guestimated that 180,000,000 stars with planets capable of supporting life as we know it exist in the Milky Way alone. And that's assuming that it's difficult for life to evolve, which we can't know at all until we actually encounter and study life on other worlds.

Most certainly does, has or will exist somewhere in the universe. I don't think that a particle exists that can't become part of a living thing. Life is omnipresent. It needs only the right conditions to manifest itself. Its like a mysterious unknown force permeating the universe. The big bang not only produced the material for the universe but somewhere in that beginning life was also introduced.