Did we Evolve to astrological seasons?

Christ slave

...Our field and experimental data suggest that Spotted Antbirds use photoperiodic information to activate their reproductive system in advance of the rainy season. Furthermore, the birds also respond to short-term environmental signals such as food availability to fine tune reproductive activity with local environmental conditions. In wet years with an early onset of the rainy season and an overall higher food supply Spotted Antbirds grow their gonads faster and breed earlier than in dry years[/u'] with low food abundance...
Precisely, and if other things happen in season, then what does evolution have in store for us for the upcoming new astrological season of the Aquarian age? Perhaps humanity's "season of love" by their "testis" bloom in season.

An astrological age/season is some 2,100 years long. Pisces age began around when Jesus lived, what now can we expect? Evolution has been occurring for some 3 billion years, right? That's quite a lot of time to be evolving and responding to seasons. Perhaps some ages (seasons) ago, we went into hibernation, and now as the Aquarian age comes, what if evolution is discarding of this cocoon (the flesh) and we are blooming like bird testis?

Just something to think about. I'd think anyone who notices the different phases in biology and whatnot taken by Evolution would find this post interesting and absolutely agree that, yes, Evolution has evolved and taken into account the astrological seasons as well. I am quite curious as to what the dawning of this season (Aquarian age) is going to do. Heck, if winter is absolutely so vastly different from spring when flowers, bees, etc. come out, we should all be very interested in seeing what types of conditions arise in the dawning of the new Aquarian season (age).

Perhaps the extinct or dead will come back to life? Heck, if bees come out in the summer, it's quite possible to stretch your mind and recognize that evolution and this existence (life) has even wilder things in store. 3 billion years is too long of a time to ever deny that the astrological seasons don't have just profound effects on us like the changing of winter into spring, night into day, etc.

So, don't be surprised when the "bees" come out and we have to "mow the lawn"...and certainly don't be surprised when the "trees spawn their leaves and grow fruit". One can only imagine the profound possibilities/things Evolution has in store for us...and this is why the Aquarian age is considered the spiritual age ("second coming" of Christ). It's a spiritual awakening when we awake from our slumber as the "sun" dawns (or, the transition of the seasons take place).

Sure, it might "periodically snow again into the end of April", but summer does indeed come, doesn't it? The rooster does indeed crow, doesn't he? Let us consider the account of astrological seasons in terms of Evolution...and nature has given us no indication to consider anything fat-fetched, fantasy, or idiotic...we've seen winter blizzards and scorching summers, caterpillars becoming butterflies out of cocoons, lightning bugs lighting up the skies, flowers turning fields yellow and purples after opening up during the day as the sunlight beats down while disappearing in the night, green grass and tropical forests as opposed to deserts and fields of grain, babies coming out of women, and so much more.

Let us be not ignorant. Consider and discuss!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us be not ignorant.

You violated that request the moment your fingers touched the keyboard.

Looks like yet another of your posts that's destined for the "psuedoscience" forum.

Mokele

Pray, tell us what stimulus the new astrological age is supposed to provide that would have any influence on evolution whatsoever?
Consciousness, which affects the choices--and our choices are very much relevant in terms of evolution. And, how do I know for certain know what the future holds? I am not a psychic, but it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to notice the more obvious changes the more local events have on life, it's only wise to assume that just as the more obvious events like the changing of day and night, winter into spring, spring into summer, summer into fall, fall into winter, the changing of the years (which hold lines of seasons), the changing of the solar bodies like solar eclipses, the tides, the effects it has on our brain chemistry (both the moon and other planets), and so much more.

So, if the sun and everything else effect life on earth, then certainly the stars, which we assume have always been among us and changing, have dramatic effects on life, because their distance does NOT deny their effects, just as if the sun were to be altered, its solar events effect the earth most dramatically...and the evolution, therefore, which can ripple outward into the future for all eternity (butterfly effect).

So, then, what effects do our stars have on us as they change? Astrology is shifting an ENTIRE constellation the more the Aquarian age approaches. So, the months depicting the astrological signs will shift one constellation/astrological sign over.

Don't you think this has an effect on life? Surely Evolution has noticed the stressed involved with the changing in the astrological events...over 3 billion years, that's surely enough time.

You have been quite close-minded and judgemental.

"There is such a thing as having a mind so open your brain falls out" - Richard Dawkins

Secondly, why am I the one being judgemental, when the quote that you open with *proves* you wrong. It shows that the stimulus is rainfall, not cosmic mumbo-jumbo.

Honestly, I'm at a loss to understand why you haven't been banned yet. Trolling is trolling, whether it's by malice or by sheer stupidity, as in your case. You are a disruption to the board who contributes nothing of value. Please leave.

Mokele

The sun has a direct physical impact on the earth's seasons. That's obvious. But other stars hardly do anything for our seasons at all. The amount of light we get from them does not do much for earth, nor does anything else. They just exist.

You can't say "just because he likes me, that means everybody must," just as you can't say "just because the sun affects us, the stars must too."

So, if the sun and everything else effect life on earth, then certainly the stars, which we assume have always been among us and changing, have dramatic effects on life, because their distance does NOT deny their effects, just as if the sun were to be altered, its solar events effect the earth most dramatically...and the evolution, therefore, which can ripple outward into the future for all eternity (butterfly effect).

Why does distance NOT deny their effects?

So, then, what effects do our stars have on us as they change? Astrology is shifting an ENTIRE constellation the more the Aquarian age approaches. So, the months depicting the astrological signs will shift one constellation/astrological sign over.

The movement of the constellations is a natural result of the precession of the earth, on a 26,000 year perion, and so this scenario has played out many times. The constellation doesn't shift, the earth does. What's the interaction, and what's your evidence.

Don't you think this has an effect on life? Surely Evolution has noticed the stressed involved with the changing in the astrological events...over 3 billion years, that's surely enough time.

No, I don't. Of what stress do you speak? Time isn't the issue.

A quote from this site which sums things up nicely:

This is the origin of the "Age of Aquarius" celebrated in the musical Hair: a period when according to astrological mysticism and related hokum there will be unusual harmony and understanding in the world. We could certainly use a dose of harmony and understanding in this old world; unfortunately, it is unlikely to come because of something as irrelevant as the position of the vernal equinox with respect to the constellations of the Zodiac.

"There is such a thing as having a mind so open your brain falls out" - Richard Dawkins

Secondly' date=' why am I the one being judgemental, when the quote that you open with *proves* you wrong. It shows that the stimulus is rainfall, not cosmic mumbo-jumbo.

Honestly, I'm at a loss to understand why you haven't been banned yet. Trolling is trolling, whether it's by malice or by sheer stupidity, as in your case. You are a disruption to the board who contributes nothing of value. Please leave.

Mokele[/quote']Please stop making false accusations, the environment and its changes are all influenced/guided greatly by time. In fact, time is the environment. Moreover, if you consider the changing of the environment on a larger, more galactic scale, shouldn't they have an effect on life and evolution? I'd think so--their placement in the sky, shifting and entire constellation over every 2,100 or so years is some seriously big changes in the environment (galactic, which is obviously surrounding the local more global scale, as the universe around us radiates).

3 Billion years of life is quite a long period...you don't think that the changing galactic/astrological events effect life on earth? And, since they do, why are you so determined to think that you yourself cannot experience or witness it?

The problem is the fact that astrology is nonexistant and worthless. There is absolutely no correlation between the position of the certain stars and people's personality or what will happen on a certain day. I am at a loss to find how it effects (or could effect) evolution as well as the other things I mentioned.

The sun has a direct physical impact on the earth's seasons. That's obvious. But other stars hardly do anything for our seasons at all. The amount of light we get from them does not do much for earth' date=' nor does anything else. They just exist.

You can't say "just because he likes me, that means everybody must," just as you can't say "just because the sun affects us, the stars must too."[/quote']Oh, most certainly, but I hardly think that this solar system would be the same if all the stars were to simply vanish (let's not speculate and assert the reality or supernovas).

You think life on earth, if all the stars and constellations vanished or moved some 50 billion lightyears farther away, would remain relatively unharmed or unaffected? I think Evolution, life evolving under these stars for billions of years, would wonder what happened to a lot of its resources/buddies.

Surely these effects are noticed by the biology of life who, for billions of years, have been being formed by this environment. There's no doubt to me that we have indeed evolved to the stars. I hardly think life would remain stable if it were to suddenly be taken from its environment. I think some of you are undervaluing or underestimating just how vital the stars are to us--they're some things that simply have been here for sooooo long...they're like water. If you take water or air away, something we've become so accustomed to, or if you change its structure or composure, life will begin changing because of that change.

Certainly astrological seasons are taken into account.

Of what stress do you speak? Time isn't the issue.
Time is determined by the movement of the earth and the astrological changes therein.

The movement of the constellations is a natural result of the precession of the earth, on a 26,000 year perion, and so this scenario has played out many times. The constellation doesn't shift, the earth does. What's the interaction, and what's your evidence.
That is precisely my point, you see? Because the scenario has played out so many times, Evolution must have been shaped by it in some way.

Thanks for posting this information, by the way, and saving me time. I do appreciate it.

A quote from this site which sums things up nicely:

This is the origin of the "Age of Aquarius" celebrated in the musical Hair: a period when according to astrological mysticism and related hokum there will be unusual harmony and understanding in the world. We could certainly use a dose of harmony and understanding in this old world; unfortunately, it is unlikely to come because of something as irrelevant as the position of the vernal equinox with respect to the constellations of the Zodiac.

Hardly. We all know how much other events have on the earth, I think it's ignorant not to consider the effects on the chemicals (and our consciousness) because of the changes in the astrological bodies. I'd think Evolution has noticed these effects so much that it has evolved to conform to these events...likewise, like other events such as the seasonal changes, changes in the years, the moon, eclipses, planets, night and day, weather, and just about anything, I absolutely would see no reason why changes in the stars have no direct effects/correlations on life itself.

The problem is the fact that astrology is nonexistant and worthless. There is absolutely no correlation between the position of the certain stars and people's personality or what will happen on a certain day. I am at a loss to find how it effects (or could effect) evolution as well as the other things I mentioned.
Don't you see or know? Life is an expression of the environment. The stars are not aliens to us--they shine in our skies just about always until something happens to them. Life must have taken into account their placements and whatnot when evolving...and, I'm quite positive life still does and IS AT THIS MOMENT and always will take these into account and notice them.

Now, if you have gigantic stars out there in this universe surrounding a certain planet and then life is evolving to these conditions and then slowly these bodies begin to shift in their time (the time by which they appear in the sky) so that 13,000 years from now the times of the constellations in the sky/placements are actually reversed (180 degrees) and evolution is constantly evolving and living under these same stars and world, don't you think that somewhere for some reason these astronomically relevant bodies do indeed take their toll on the life itself and helping to shape/form it?

Surely a species noticing these changing conditions is going to have some sort of biological reaction to them...or, conscious or spiritual reaction. If a pear tree blooms every other year and somehow calculates and takes the years into effect, the changing of the seasons effect the weather patterns, there has got to be some sort of effect caused to earth by the stars...afterall, we do see their light, so it's not like they're complete isolated islands out there, their light does touch us--a star's light actually touches your eye even if you look up at one.

Don't you think there's some sort of evolved mechanism/reaction to these changes? They must have some sort of effect, and I think it's foolish to take one of the most important aspects to earth out of the equation.

Don't you see or know? Life is an expression of the environment. The stars are not aliens to us--they shine in our skies just about always until something happens to them. Life must have taken into account their placements and whatnot when evolving...and, I'm quite positive life still does and IS AT THIS MOMENT and always will take these into account and notice them.

one question: how do the position of the stars, or their mere existance effect life?

.....and evolution is constantly evolving and living under these same stars and world, don't you think that somewhere for some reason these astronomically relevant bodies do indeed take their toll on the life itself and helping to shape/form it?

how?

Surely a species noticing these changing conditions is going to have some sort of biological reaction to them...or, conscious or spiritual reaction.

how? magic?

If a pear tree blooms every other year and somehow calculates and takes the years into effect, the changing of the seasons effect the weather patterns, there has got to be some sort of effect caused to earth by the stars...afterall, we do see their light, so it's not like they're complete isolated islands out there, their light does touch us--a star's light actually touches your eye even if you look up at one.

so? how does this small amount of light affect anything? A pear tree blooms at certain times of the year because they evolved useful mechanisms in response to environmental (or seasonal) pressures.

Don't you think there's some sort of evolved mechanism/reaction to these changes? They must have some sort of effect, and I think it's foolish to take one of the most important aspects to earth out of the equation.

if there is evidence of anything you are talking about, then I will gladly stop being skeptical. There is plainly no evidence that they affect anything you are talking about. And I think its foolish to believe every crazy little thing you read or hear about.

Okay, let's say that every single other star in the universe vanishes suddenly.

People on earth would not notice for years. Light would still be coming from those stars, because it was currently in transit when the star vanished. We could not even tell for years, because most scientists believe gravity also travels at the speed of light (at least according to The Elegant Universe. But because these stars are so far away, the difference in gravity (when we do notice it) would be minimal. Their gravitational fields at a distance of so many million miles would be infinitesimal.

What other influences can they have? Well, light. You'll have to remember that these stars are far enough away that the light from them must have a tiny effect on Earth. They look dim enough in the first place; it would be like trying to measure the effect of a flashlight shined from the space shuttle. There simply would be no difference.

Animals really don't care about the stars. The only difference would be those that use stars to navigate.

There is absolutely no correlation between the position of the certain stars and people's personality or what will happen on a certain day.

If there is, it would probably have to do with people consciously or subconscioulsy assuming the characteristics of their astrological sign. For example I know a woman who jokingly excuses her dramatic antics by saying she is a leo and can't help it, or a man who says he must be a good lover because he is a Scorpio. :rolleyes:

Also, the Chinese and some other Asian countries take their astrological sign very seriously, to the point that matchmakers would arrange marriages with the children's birthyears as major deciding factor. This has got to produce some effects, even though the causes are cultural, not cosmological.

If there is, it would probably have to do with people consciously or subconscioulsy assuming the characteristics of their astrological sign. For example I know a woman who jokingly excuses her dramatic antics by saying she is a leo and can't help it, or a man who says he must be a good lover because he is a Scorpio. :rolleyes:

you are right, I believe the placebo (or maybe just the power of suggestion) effect causes a lot of people to believe this astrology bs, as well as the barnum effect. I was talking about the pure claim that the stars effect things like personality directly, which is crap, but you are right. If you really want to believe that cancers are artistic, then dagnabit, you will do anything to try and live up to that. I am considered a cancer, and I am supposed to be artistic, even though I can't draw worth crap. But the barnum effect comes into play here, because almost anyone can consider themselves artistic (for example) in some way

Also, the Chinese and some other Asian countries take their astrological sign very seriously, to the point that matchmakers would arrange marriages with the children's birthyears as major deciding factor. This has got to produce some effects, even though the causes are cultural, not cosmological.

Exactly. The Chinese also make the same claims about blood type as they do astrological sign. But the effect they have, as you said, is cultural or all in your head.

What other influences can they have? Well, light. You'll have to remember that these stars are far enough away that the light from them must have a tiny effect on Earth. They look dim enough in the first place; it would be like trying to measure the effect of a flashlight shined from the space shuttle. There simply would be no difference.
I think you're being shallow in your estimations. I honestly believe they have such a huge effect on Evolution...apart from this solar system, what else does life have that is constant? Outside of this solar system...and, I'm pretty certain the biology of things are wired to the stars--heck, society has already been influenced just in gazing upon them, the way they talk about them, etc.

I guess I equate the actions of people (naming constellations, astronomy, NASA, etc.) as an advanced manifestation of the stars--whereby, as they greatly influence us as people and a society, one must attempt to discover what types of relevance they have to things like flowers, animals, the planet as a whole, the sun, etc. Heck, society itself in its observation is evolving to the stars...and, in our space exploration.

You seem to be missing the point that the present is just as relevant as the past. Do you think stars are just some big New Age, chaotic, worthless craze? They've obviously helped shape society in this obvious regard, it's only logical to assert that it extends far deeper to the very origins of life itself. Every single moment the stars are beating down upon life and earth, and every single moment a star is being seen.

Animals really don't care about the stars. The only difference would be those that use stars to navigate.
And you don't think this is a manifestation of the stars? These have some profoundly enormous effects--I somehow doubt the stars only influence in star-gazing. I think this is one thing that gets a lot of people into trouble--it's like a Christian denying the evidence of Evolution as being an illusion or a lie. Stars' effects don't begin only in star-gazing and space exploration, this is a manifestation of it.

Exactly. The Chinese also make the same claims about blood type as they do astrological sign. But the effect they have, as you said, is cultural or all in your head.
Actually, where does reality begin then? Looking on the past? Nah.

You have to realize that at some point reality and the present takes place. To constantly equate reality to the past and look at the present as some sort of "craze" or "New Age" that will simply blow over is abnormal. You have to, at some point, realize that the present is very much a part of the past.

I will agree, however, that a lot of people take things to the extreme and revolve their lives around the astrological teachings, however, for those who are not fanatics and don't get swept away by the current, it's a useful and real tool. You cannot deny truth for an imbalanced exception, because exceptions are often too much or too little--somewhere a balance exists. Culture is just as real as the culture of the first plants or dinosaurs, or even microorganisms, that appeared on earth. It's culture that helps shape the path things take, and if you let the culture become murderous, the future will look back on the effects the murderous, enraging culture took on their Evolution--like an abused child. Did the culture become more loving or hateful because of those effects? Did monkeys evolve fingers for climbing trees to get away from a predator, or did they evolve claws for digging holes?

The stars' effects extend beyond an indulgent branch of culture. Stand up and refuse those extremists, those deluded, and refuse them the right to possess the truth as a hostage--such as studying the stars and astrology--just because they may make someone feel wary or insecure (skeptical) of entering into those areas because of their delusions. I don't stop eating food because someone might stuff their face to the brim with it and become unhealthily fat...no, one must keep a healthy balance and sanity on things.

you are right, I believe the placebo (or maybe just the power of suggestion) effect causes a lot of people to believe this astrology bs, as well as the barnum effect.

Barnum effect, that's the term I was looking for.

If we have established the possibility of a cultural induction of sign traits, how about environmental? Do the seasons and their coincident climates have a detectable effect on the development of children born on that season, and possibly even in utero? Some women gain significant amounts of weight, become depressed, etc during the cold months and if these women were to be pregnant during that time, wouldn't these variables factor into fetal development? Or would the effect be miniscule?

If we have established the possibility of a cultural induction of sign traits, how about environmental? Do the seasons and their coincident climates have a detectable effect on the development of children born on that season, and possibly even in utero? Some women gain significant amounts of weight, become depressed, etc during the cold months and if these women were to be pregnant during that time, wouldn't these variables factor into fetal development? Or would the effect be miniscule?

This is definitely something worth looking into.

They've obviously helped shape society in this obvious regard, it's only logical to assert that it extends far deeper to the very origins of life itself.

I don't think logic has deigned to make an appearance in any of your assertions.