Neanderthal DNA in homo sapiens

Mr Rayon

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26435-thoroughly-modern-humans-interbred-with-neanderthals/

Does having neanderthal DNA make modern humans less intelligent (for those who have lots of neanderthal DNA)?

Does lack of neanderthal DNA in subsaharan Africans make them smarter?

Why is poverty highest in subsaharan africa?

Could neanderthal DNA been the panacea which rescued us from poverty?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26435-thoroughly-modern-humans-interbred-with-neanderthals/

Does having neanderthal DNA make modern humans less intelligent (for those who have lots of neanderthal DNA)?

AFAIK an intelligence tests does not exist. IQ tests are culture specific to some degree, and were designed to predict how well students will do in school. Thus, any answers to this question will be partly or wholly opinion. My answer is IDK.

Does lack of neanderthal DNA in subsaharan Africans make them smarter?

I doubt it. Neanderthal were not dumb brutes, archeology is incapable of assessing Neanderthal intelligence with any accuracy; thus, it is possible they were smarter.

There is no single answer to this question. Often people in power enrich themselves at the expense of others. Some people live in areas with many natural resources, and tend to have more wealth. Many countries were invaded by Europeans who took natural resources, including land, and gave it to European settlers, which impoverished natives who were not killed; this scenario left American Indians dead and poor. Although, the US government has made some reparations, history cannot be reversed and some Indians will be dissatisfied. There are, no doubt, many more reasons.

Could neanderthal DNA been the panacea which rescued us from poverty?

What do you mean, rescued us from poverty?

Edited by EdEarl

AFAIK an intelligence tests does not exist. IQ tests are culture specific to some degree, and were designed to predict how well students will do in school. Thus, any answers to this question will be partly or wholly opinion. My answer is IDK.

I doubt it. Neanderthal were not dumb brutes, archeology is incapable of assessing Neanderthal intelligence with any accuracy; thus, it is possible they were smarter.

There is no single answer to this question. Often people in power enrich themselves at the expense of others. Some people live in areas with many natural resources, and tend to have more wealth. Many countries were invaded by Europeans who took natural resources, including land, and gave it to European settlers, which impoverished natives who were not killed; this scenario left American Indians dead and poor. Although, the US government has made some reparations, history cannot be reversed and some Indians will be dissatisfied. There are, no doubt, many more reasons.

What do you mean, rescued us from poverty?

I just mean coz, subsaharan africans don't have any neanderthal dna.

maybe they are in impoverished now because of something beneficial they lacked from what the neanderthals gave the homo sapiens in europe and asia when they interbred as homo sapiens immigrated from africa?

I just mean coz, subsaharan africans don't have any neanderthal dna.

maybe they are in impoverished now because of something beneficial they lacked from what the neanderthals gave the homo sapiens in europe and asia when they interbred as homo sapiens immigrated from africa?

Do you have evidence, or is this an uninformed remark about Neanderthal being dumb brutes?