Has this ever happened to you?

schlieffen

Have any of you had a professor that told you, and the entire class, on several occasions "This will not be on your exam" only to make at least a quarter of the final exam exactly on what he told you he would not put on it?

I had that happen to me this morning for my organic chemistry exam, and I just wanted to know if this prof's just a jerk, or if this stuff happens more often than I think.

If the professor is young, then he/she is being a dick. If the professor is old, then they may have honestly forgot that they said 'this won't be on the test'. I've had both situations occur to me, and when it was the younger professor being a dick they just worked their way into some messed up logic to state that they were right. When it was an elderly professor, myself and a bunch of other people who wrote down what he had said went up and mentioned how he said the material wasn't going to be on the exam. He then remembered and said that the particular section of the exam would not be counted towards our total score unless we indicated that we wanted it to.

I just wanted to know if this prof's just a jerk, or if this stuff happens more often than I think.
View this as excellent preparation for the 'real world' where (some) bosses and customers will feel entitled to deal with you in an equivalent way.

View this as excellent preparation for the 'real world' where (some) bosses and customers will feel entitled to deal with you in an equivalent way.

LOL. Sad but true. I can fully back that statement up. :D