Need help with designing an actuator based circuit

Chiragdubey

Hello.

I am currently working on a project which requires me to design an electrical circuit.

My aim is to use piezoelectric actuators in parallel (5-10 mm dia), and giving them a voltage of 9V using a signal generator. I want the actuators to vibrate in the 500-800 Hz range.

Keeping in mind that I have to incorporate this in a light weight application, how do I proceed about this?

Thank you.

This seems like homework/coursework.

Since it is a project we don't do it for you but can help you by commenting on ideas you present to us before you have to present them to your mentors for marking.

My aim is to use piezoelectric actuators in parallel (5-10 mm dia), and giving them a voltage of 9V using a signal generator. I want the actuators to vibrate in the 500-800 Hz range.

You have made a good start so here are first comments.

What part of the project are you going to design yourself and what part are you going to use off the shelf modules for?

A block diagram would be very useful.

There are several considerations to take into account at an early stage when designing something.

What are the power requirements and what will be the power source?

You can obtain ready made modules for your signal generator, but willthey supply enough power by them selves or need boosting?

Details of the actuation needed are required to determine the actuator. Are you going to consider the mechanical requirments to absorb the thrust from the workings of the actuator?

So the overall project can be broken down into functional blocks, each of which has its own power and weight (and perhaps cost) budgets and also specific input outputs and special requirements.