The force is strong, the strong force it is.

DevilSolution

Given the strong force keeps protons together in the nucleus, why would the protons not be held in place by the electron orbiting (or existing within an orbital zone) anyway?, i know they are opposite charges so the electron would attract the protons, but because they move so quickly in a very small area, given the probability of it being anywhere within that orbit is equal then the protons wouldn't move anyway, such that by the time its attracted to once place, the electrons moved to the other side and its reversed direction etc etc. (I dont know much about the standard model other than the primary classes, no idea about interaction)

Also what stops the electron sticking to the proton? like if the strong force keeps the protons from repelling each other, what keeps the electrons in orbit? why dont they react with the protons immediately instead of doing everything in their power to avoid the protons, or in larger elements why dont the electrons in the outer valance disperse? if the inner electrons are tightly locked and act as barriers then eventually you'd presume the outer valence electrons would go just far enough out of their orbit area to break free (also given the fact the electrons should be repelling each other aswell),

Regards.

Given the strong force keeps protons together in the nucleus, why would the protons not be held in place by the electron orbiting (or existing within an orbital zone) anyway?, i know they are opposite charges so the electron would attract the protons, but because they move so quickly in a very small area, given the probability of it being anywhere within that orbit is equal then the protons wouldn't move anyway, such that by the time its attracted to once place, the electrons moved to the other side and its reversed direction etc etc. (I dont know much about the standard model other than the primary classes, no idea about interaction)

The electrons are further from the protons than the protons are from each other. The possibility of confinement by external charges aside (Earnshaw's theorem may apply here), a quantitative look at the electrostatics immediately dismisses this notion.

Also what stops the electron sticking to the proton? like if the strong force keeps the protons from repelling each other, what keeps the electrons in orbit? why dont they react with the protons immediately instead of doing everything in their power to avoid the protons, or in larger elements why dont the electrons in the outer valance disperse? if the inner electrons are tightly locked and act as barriers then eventually you'd presume the outer valence electrons would go just far enough out of their orbit area to break free (also given the fact the electrons should be repelling each other aswell),

It's not an allowed state in QM. The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle bears this out — if we knew the electron was near the proton, it's uncertainty in momentum tells us it couldn't stay there. Bottom line is the electron is a wave. Simply looking at this classically won't work.

Okay, so when do we talk of electrons being particles? All the chemistry i've learnt make use of them being particles within Schroedinger orbitals. I take it chemistry is classical physics? But fundamentally the same laws must apply? Hmmm i'll have to get my head around that one, i had fun thinking of the world in atom form based on the chemicals and chemical reactions, like the matrix. Now thats gone!!!

All the chemistry i've learnt make use of them being particles within Schroedinger orbitals.

That is not a good model. They are not particles within the orbitals, they are the orbitals.

I take it chemistry is classical physics?

The position and shapes of the orbitals are a result of quantum theory.

Okay, so when do we talk of electrons being particles? All the chemistry i've learnt make use of them being particles within Schroedinger orbitals. I take it chemistry is classical physics? But fundamentally the same laws must apply? Hmmm i'll have to get my head around that one, i had fun thinking of the world in atom form based on the chemicals and chemical reactions, like the matrix. Now thats gone!!!

When you detect the electron.