What Effects Would Slowing Down the Moon Have on the Earth? - A Universe Sandbox Experiment.

CazzaBrank

!

Moderator Note

This is a science discussion forum. We are not here to watch videos with no explanations. Musical soundtracks over unexplained video gives us little to discuss.

Please give us more of a starting place for a scientific discussion. Our rules state you can't force us to watch your yootube channel in order to participate. You have a chance here to give us some more information to go on, since the membership has let staff know they don't want to respond to videos they don't watch.

!

Moderator Note

This is a science discussion forum. We need a question to discuss. We are not here to watch videos with no explanations.

Please give us more of a starting place for a scientific discussion. Our rules state you can't force us to watch your yootube channel in order to participate. I'll have to close this if you can't comply.

Done.

Done.

Cazzabrank, as far as I can see, all you have done to comply with the Moderator's request is to remove the music on the video and insert a question in the OP.

I watched about one minute of the video. The poor quality of the resolution and the total absence of commentary mean that it is impossible to tell what effects you are trying to show.

All I see is some motion of a modeled Earth and the moon, but mainly the selection of indecipherable commands from the menu of unknown software, applied to the two spheres, with no apparent effect.

May I suggest you state clearly here what you are trying to demonstrate, why you are you are trying to demonstrate it and what, if any evidence, you have for your conclusions. I suspect if you fail to do so you will find the thread is locked and you may even be banned from the forum.

Certainly, in watching the video, puzzling over its intent and writing this post, I have lost six minutes of my life I can never recover. It is not my intention to be rude, but frankly your approach, in posting in this way, is very rude to the other members.

!

Moderator Note

There is no scientific discussion in the video, so there's really no basis for discussion. The "effects" seem to be screen grabs of unexplained computer manipulation.

The topic can be discussed, and if there are issues where you have some technical information to present, you can bring those up.

Cazzabrank, as far as I can see, all you have done to comply with the Moderator's request is to remove the music on the video and insert a question in the OP.

I watched about one minute of the video. The poor quality of the resolution and the total absence of commentary mean that it is impossible to tell what effects you are trying to show.

All I see is some motion of a modeled Earth and the moon, but mainly the selection of indecipherable commands from the menu of unknown software, applied to the two spheres, with no apparent effect.

May I suggest you state clearly here what you are trying to demonstrate, why you are you are trying to demonstrate it and what, if any evidence, you have for your conclusions. I suspect if you fail to do so you will find the thread is locked and you may even be banned from the forum.

Certainly, in watching the video, puzzling over its intent and writing this post, I have lost six minutes of my life I can never recover. It is not my intention to be rude, but frankly your approach, in posting in this way, is very rude to the other members.

1. If you cannot watch it for more than 1 minute you have a short attention span.

2. The music is apart of the simulation software.

3. The software is widely known as UNIVERSE SANDBOX, as shown in the video title.

4. I'm demonstrating tidal heating and what effects it has on Earth, a topic never talked about.

5. "i have lost six minutes of my life i can never recover" get over your self, you're making your self seem like you have no time on your hands but since you posted a whole paragraph about my video it clearly shows that you do indeed have plenty enough time.

!

Moderator Note

There is no scientific discussion in the video, so there's really no basis for discussion. The "effects" seem to be screen grabs of unexplained computer manipulation.

The topic can be discussed, and if there are issues where you have some technical information to present, you can bring those up.

With a question in the topic title, two questions in the topic it's self and a question on the video ITSELF, you must be crazy or insane to miss the discussion value completely.

Edited by CazzaBrank

With a question in the topic title, two questions in the topic it's self and a question on the video ITSELF, you must be crazy or insane to miss the discussion value completely.

I'm a little of both, but what I'm not is clairvoyant, so I can't tell what you're doing in the video. I see twiddling of something on a panel and pan/tilt adjustments, but it's less informative than an unlabeled graph.

!

Moderator Note

Our membership still has us enforce a rule against watching yootube videos as a primary argument about anything. The only reason we might consider leaving it is if a genuine interest in improvement was being sought, but from your response, you aren't prepared for constructive criticism.

As the video stands in its present form, it has no discussion value, it violates one of our rules, and it simply appears we're being used to promote your video work on the net, which is also a breach of our science discussion forum rules.

We use videos and other links all the time to support arguments we make in discussion, but they're used as evidence. If you can ask your (previously unannounced) questions, start a discussion, and support yourself with parts of your video, this is more in line with the purpose of our forum. We're not trying to chase you away, but it's pretty clear you didn't read the rules you agreed to when you joined. We also frown on those who attack the person rather than their ideas (please, no more "you must be crazy or insane").

I'm closing this, but feel free to take a more rigorous stab at it if you can. Please don't start with the video though, otherwise we're going to have this conversation again. Good luck.