This forum...

Dave

What should we do with this forum?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should we do with this forum?

• Merge with General Mathematics
    • Leave it alone
    • Delete all the posts and burn it to the ground
    • Comedy 'I don't know what a forum is' option

Basically, decided to see what people think should be done with the forum. Whilst it used to serve a purpose (for the old competition threads), I can't really see one for it anymore, and I personally think it should be merged with the General Mathematics forum. Just wanted to see what other people thought.

Cheers :D

I hope you don't dump it. I am more interested in the other fields of science rather than math. I don't know of any other science forums on the net that are as good as this one.

Hello coquina,

dave seems to be talking about the "MATH PROBLEMS" forum, or call it a subforum if you want, over in the math section.

It is fair game for the staff to periodically go thru and close down features that are not getting used and then, if they want to, open up new features.

that keeps the menu from getting to big. you erase the dishes that the customers never order.

But hey, I just went and looked at "Math Problems" forum and it looked to me like it was being used. do people bring homework problems there, or is it for especially elegant problems, or problems that have a very neat solution. I cant tell. So I will hold off giving any advice at all!

Yeah, there's no doubt about it: this forum is getting used quite a lot. The trouble is that this forum was originally created to host the math brainteasers and whatnot (but we now have a seperate brainteaser forum :)). Since a lot of the posts here aren't of that nature anymore, it would make more sense to me to just merge everything in here with the General Maths forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, there's no doubt about it: this forum is getting used quite a lot. The trouble is that this forum was originally created to host the math brainteasers and whatnot (but we now have a seperate brainteaser forum :)). Since a lot of the posts here aren't of that nature anymore, it would make more sense to me to just merge everything in here with the General Maths forum.

Since math teasers are being done in the brainteasers section then it should be merged with gen. maths.