Relationship between Science and Spooks

Goosepimples and general feelings of spook arise whenever my mind is exposed to visuals relating to paranormal activity or science fiction.

Coincidence? I think not.

According to my experience my body reacts the same way when my mind is exposed to horror movies and documentaries/movies on science, pertinently relating to extraterrestrial life and space. The same chill and spook leads me to wonder the relationship between the two entities.

Scientifically it has never been proven that aliens exist. Man can only go so far on a mathematical presumption that aliens are likely to exist. Similarly, events of horror or paranormal activity hinges on a world totally unknown to man, and few dare to venture. Yet there is a possibility that this unknown is the answer to what life is all about.

Why does my body react this way? Is it because all of this is an illusion, and while the mind has already been white washed, the mechanism which is the body still retains certain senses that activate whenever the veil of false reality is about to be bypassed.

Is there a threshold of fear, or the spook scientific discovery excites in which when crossed, brings man to enlightenment? Is spook an indicator that you are reaching the boundaries? Is it a remnant of the dimensional gateway about to be breached?

You tell me.

Seems to me these are really unrelated. Does something have to be real to be afraid of it? I think the clear answer to that is "no". Why we are afraid is (or can be) largely decoupled from the reality of the phenomenon.

• 3 weeks later...