Principals of time paradoxes

GeneralDadmission

I was just introduced to the concept of travelling in time through DNA lineage(you occupy the body of a person you are related to in another time period) when a friend explained the premise of the game Assassins Creed. This concept identifies a principal of time travel that I'm not sure I've heard defined concisely. It is evident that neither superman nor the crew of the enterprise would have achieved travelling backwards in time by accelerating in a forward direction. If time displacement were achievable it would require a substantial means of coordinating a path to the desired location. The dna model provides a mathematically definable context to analyse time travel from an angular momentum perspective rather than the centre momentum FoR of the linear acceleration methods superman and star trek defrauded us with.

Is there a comparable analyis of spacetime components in this context with greater detail available?

Edited by GeneralDadmission

This concept identifies a principal of time travel that I'm not sure I've heard defined concisely.

Because it is not the kind of time travel that any physicists would really try to contemplate. It may make a good plot for a film or video game, but the science is lacking.

It is evident that neither superman nor the crew of the enterprise would have achieved travelling backwards in time by accelerating in a forward direction.

This version of time travel is not evidence of anything. It is just a story.

The dna model provides a mathematically definable context to analyse time travel from an angular momentum perspective rather than the centre momentum FoR of the linear acceleration methods superman and star trek defrauded us with.

What model? This is just a story.

Because it is not the kind of time travel that any physicists would really try to contemplate. It may make a good plot for a film or video game, but the science is lacking.

This version of time travel is not evidence of anything. It is just a story.

What model? This is just a story.

It defines a hypothetical context in which travelling to a former timeline is put into a chromatically reversed direction of travel. If matter is ultimately restricted to accelerating in the direction of universal gravitation is there a definition of velocity that provides a context of what could be considered a deceleration that cannot be defined by physical acceleration? The mathematical potential of the premise would not restrict time displacement to former timelines but would allow for travelling sideways in timespace(the opposite of physical spacetime) to a body of a relative in the travellers present moment or to descendants. It is an alternate analysis of energy expression that once clarified may define some of the underlying conditions of physical matters confinement.

My physics vocabulary is the way it is because rather than having had peers to discuss the subject with I have had to define the nature of measurables largely by progressively studying what that measurable is not.

he dna model provides a mathematically definable context to analyse time travel from an angular momentum perspective rather than the centre momentum FoR of the linear acceleration methods superman and star trek defrauded us with.

Apart from the fact it is fiction (see also: The Time Traveller's Wife) what on Earth does DNA have to do with angular momentum?

Is there a comparable analyis of spacetime components in this context with greater detail available?

In what context? The space-time of DNA?

It defines a hypothetical context in which travelling to a former timeline is put into a chromatically reversed direction of travel. If matter is ultimately restricted to accelerating in the direction of universal gravitation is there a definition of velocity that provides a context of what could be considered a deceleration that cannot be defined by physical acceleration? The mathematical potential of the premise would not restrict time displacement to former timelines but would allow for travelling sideways in timespace(the opposite of physical spacetime) to a body of a relative in the travellers present moment or to descendants. It is an alternate analysis of energy expression that once clarified may define some of the underlying conditions of physical matters confinement.

My physics vocabulary is the way it is because rather than having had peers to discuss the subject with I have had to define the nature of measurables largely by progressively studying what that measurable is not.

You do realize that no personal experiences are stored in the DNA and even if such type of time travel were possible it would only be possible to travel in discrete intervals?

But anyway, what does DNA have to do with time travel in the first place? You can use it to sort of 'travel back in time' and find out the time when two related species got separated but that's just about it.

Edited by pavelcherepan

In what context? The space-time of DNA?

No. Awareness provides parameters for the limits of time travel. As a memory is reconstructed rather than recorded verbatim so is the nature of time travel. To concieve a viable approach to time travel you have to reverse the order of things and enter timespace to displace to another spacetime. The DNA model is one conceivable method of projecting into an alternate location rather than physically travelling. It could be mechanically analogised if one created a mechanical device that replicated human senses and communicated with an interface through entanglement.

Edited by GeneralDadmission

!

Moderator Note

This isn't science - it isn't even good science fiction. It isn't really the correct interpretation of Assassin's Creed - that depicts travelling within a reconstructed familial memory within a virtual environment. If you wish to discuss fiction then we have the lounge and a book section. If you wish to discuss science we MUST have a foundation of fact.

Thread Locked.