Holy Sh*t!

Nevermore

hehehe' date=' and this is considered "NEWS"?

it`s older than Gods dog! the propaganda machine has been in place since the 1`st 3 humans existed, lets not go too far back though, "Pravda" (Russian for the word "truth") was their main and trusted news outlet, it also was politicaly influenced in the Soviet days, the same still occurs now all over the world, why does/should America think it`s Immune to this mechanism?

THAT is the part I find strange! :)[/quote']

I believe you are mistaken. The problem is not the Administration's propaganda machine. The problem is the level of complicity and laziness and greed among the media. This is not like soft-pedalling war stories or delaying the reporting of the advent of the Bay of Pigs invasion. Usually, the public can get the real story if they care to dig a little. But how many Americans outside of cities actually read the NYT? There are probably many who do not know it is available online and plenty who would think it was too highbrow for them.

How are people supposed to evaluate the truth when their local media outlets are so blatantly lying to them? They may not read the NYT but plenty of them vote based upon what they hear on their local television news.

The American people must demand a revolution of the way we allow information to be distributed to the people. Media and government should not be intertwined in any way where a conflict of interests will arise.

I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

Thomas Jefferson

It's all very well for there to be a "revolution" of sorts, if you know how it should be replaced. To me, there's not a lot of other options available; we have to trust the media to a certain extent to give us the correct information whenever it's available. Unfortunately (as this article states) we can't always do that.

It does, however, help that these media agencies are all interested in one thing: money. Maybe by boycotting certain media outlets, you might get their attention (the major problem being that this is more or less impossible). The other possible thing is to have an independent body that can hand out big fines/loss of television rights if it arises that these media corporations are not doing things which are entirely ethical (although I think something like this already exists).

Just my $0.02 :)