Converting Analogue audio signal to digital?

KayS

Does anyone have any good resource on how to convert An analogue audio signal to a digital one. I came across this question and have no idea on how to solve it. much appreciated.

Q. An analogue audio signal is converted to digital using sampling rate of 200hz with each sample using one of 64 different levels.

How many bits are needed to encode ten seconds of sound(you should ignore the memory requirements for any metadata in your calculations)?

Answers:

a. 1,280 bits
b. 5,000 bits
c. 12,000 bits
d. 128,000 bits

Thank you much appreciated... please dont block my thread I just am someone who wants to learn.

Sounds like this may be homework/coursework related so I will just give you a clue :)

Think about how many bits are needed to encode the 64 different levels for each sample.

Now think about the number of samples gathered at 200Hz.

Now do some multiplication ...

Thank you much appreciated... please dont block my thread I just am someone who wants to learn.

Your other thread was blocked because you posted it twice. Only one thread about one subject is allowed here.

Such threads belongs to homework section not this one.