Does the Higgs field cause light to have its constant?

Genecks

I'm reading and learning about the Higgs boson at the moment. So, I'm just throwing out a question: Does the Higgs field cause light to have its constant ("speed of light")?

I'm speculating from what I've heard and read of the Higgs boson. It seems like the bosons are the sands of time. However, I'm more focusing this thread on the speed of light. Because if what I heard is true, then the Higgs field does not affect the speed of light. However, I consider there may be more at play in that the Higgs field gives light its speed, thus the Higgs field acts as a constraint on the speed of light. Thus, I question if there was a way that the Higgs field could be repelled or modified, then things could move through the field to go the speed of light or perhaps faster than the speed of light (as we currently know the speed). Perhaps a Higgs field could be made to make things go the speed of light?

search terms: higg's field, higg's boson, higgs field, higgs boson

Edited by Genecks

the higgs field is what makes some particles move subluminal. it is believed that perticles that exhibit mass are interacting with the higgs field.

as far as the speed of light is concerned, all particles would move at the speed of light without the higgs field.

Edited by davidivad

the higgs field is what makes some particles move subluminal. it is believed that perticles that exhibit mass are interacting with the higgs field.

as far as the speed of light is concerned, all particles would move at the speed of light without the higgs field.

In relation to your last statement, how do you know that is true? Is it possible that particles would move faster than the speed of light w/ Higgs field?

Because if moving fast in the universe means manipulation of one or more Higgs fields, I think we've got all of our space exploration issues down.

It looks like all of this is in Japanese: http://www.stmopen.net/wormhole-solution-of-higgs-field/

I cannot read that paper, as my knowledge of the Japanese language is not well learned.

Edited by Genecks

i am not much into wormholes, but that is not to say they aren't a possibility.

the reason i assert that particles would all move at the speed of light without the higgs field is that it is this interaction with the higgs field that slows them down. basically, particles without mass like the photon travel at the speed of light.

there have been theories of particles that move faster than the constant like the tachyon, but i am not big into them either.

if they are real, then it is up to the future generations to find them.