Food Colorant Poses Cancer Risk

YT2095

I never pay attention to any of the 'this stuff will give you cancer' news. Frankly, if you're going to get cancer you're going to get cancer and there's nothing you can do about it. Now things like cigarettes and drinking benzene, I do avoid that because those things are controllable. But every day some new thing is said to give you cancer which people use in their everyday lives.

I've been a diabetic for about 23 years now and have used Nutrasweet, Aspartame, and all the other artificial sweetners that supposedly cause cancer. For about six or seven years I built model cars in my room with little ventillation and a LOT of paint and glue fumes. I smoked cigarettes for about 5 years at a rate of a pack a day. (I quit smoking cigarettes for good two months and one day ago). I drink milk on a daily basis, and they now say that milk can cause cancer. With all of the stuff I've been exposed to, I should be a complete tumor. Especially with how long it takes cancers to grow. I should at least have half a dozen tumors all over my body. :D

Slow news day for the media I think. This scare has been blown completely out of proportion. The dye has been known as carcinigenic since the nineties and was used in foods until 2001 in many parts of Europe (in some parts it was only banned in 2003).

The amount in the listed foods can be considered trace and the risk are miniscule.

When will somebody regulate the press properly and stop them abitrarily scare-mongering when they've nothing else to do that day?