Is Science to blame for the Depletion of the Ozone Layer?

Iwonderaboutthings

I strongly suspect that opinions formed from a biased review of insufficient facts is likely to lead to a distorted viewpoint. However, I also suspect that Iwonderabout things will not think this applies to him.

This is a discussion on " pollutants" and other un-safe environment " threats" from scientific experiments, products and etc.
Please stay with my OP, your opinions at lease for me are of non importance...
I have provided some links in where it is " in plain" view that scientist are the causes of this.
I am aware that scientist are not perfect and they will continue doing mistakes either in their research or with plain day to day choices.
Tobacco Companies Will Publish Ads Saying They Lied About Smoking Dangers.
A medical report in the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health confirms that workers exposed to high levels of RF/microwave radiation routinely have astronomical cancer rates.

This is a discussion on " pollutants" and other un-safe environment " threats" from scientific experiments, products and etc.
Please stay with my OP, your opinions at lease for me are of non importance...
I have provided some links in where it is " in plain" view that scientist are the causes of this.

"This is a discussion..." on a climate change forum. Maybe it should be moved to philosophy of science or some other forum.

But let me ask if you think scientists invented tobacco; is that why they are to blame?

And... "astronomical ...rates" that are "routinely" found... should be big news. Do you have a citation for that? The link you provided didn't include any citation that I could find within its long exposition.

===

Next you'll be blaming gun violence on the Chinese, since they invented gun powder; right?

I still wonder how you think blame can be ascribed so specifically; and as well, why you think blame needs to be figured out and ascribed to someone, or any class of someones, in particular.

I try to keep a "no-fault" perspective on history, since they usually didn't know what they were doing... or had some myopic motives. It's even true today; but history is history, and we can only move forward.

wink.png We're here! We're in fear! Get used to it!

Edited by Essay

Thanks for your responses your time has been appreciated, " seriously" but please don't tell me to be careful with my style and or " fashion" showing appreciation to other members " whom have impressed me."

It makes you seem Jealouswink.png \

I explicitly stated it was a friendly tip. You're welcome to continue to reply other posters in condescending manner if you wish.

Not really concerned with " answers" more over with facts..

It would seem odd that you get so many of your basic assumptions and facts so comprehensively wrong. For e.g. I provided an explicit example of a highly effective, very cheap drug therapy, yet you still arm wave about scientists being greedy.

It seems like students are more concerned with grades and a 6 figure a year job versus the art and elegance of scientific creation. They eventually become these very scientist.

I'm afraid you're again comprehensively wrong. The academic pursuit of science is not very financially rewarding. E.g. http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/419399.article

HOWEVER, can I blame them????? In today';s world scientist whom want to " really discover things" need to do so on their own! Leaving behind the granola bars, birkenstocks and comfort zones and walk into the lions mouth hopefully out the other end in one piece. Otherwise you end up ridiculed like Max Planck and Albert Eisenstein for thinking out of the box.

Wrong again. Neither Planck or Einstein was ridiculed. They were celebrated.

The progress of science, has been dreadfully awefull, irresponsible and 100% A WASTE OF TAX PAYER MONEY..

Again, this is astonishingly ignorant from someone who supposedly loves to read about science and is posting on a scientific forum.

Here's a small sub-sample of scientific achievements in the 20th century, including the invention of chemotherapy, the polio vaccine, the discovery of DNA, the first organ transplant, the launch of the first satellite and the discovery of insulin, to list a small sample. http://www.unesco.org/bpi/science/content/press/anglo/6.htm

Edited by Arete

I explicitly stated it was a friendly tip. You're welcome to continue to reply other posters in condescending manner if you wish.

It would seem odd that you get so many of your basic assumptions and facts so comprehensively wrong. For e.g. I provided an explicit example of a highly effective, very cheap drug therapy, yet you still arm wave about scientists being greedy.

I'm afraid you're again comprehensively wrong. The academic pursuit of science is not very financially rewarding. E.g. http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/419399.article

Wrong again. Neither Planck or Einstein was ridiculed. They were celebrated.

Again, this is astonishingly ignorant from someone who supposedly loves to read about science and is posting on a scientific forum.

Here's a small sub-sample of scientific achievements in the 20th century, including the invention of chemotherapy, the polio vaccine, the discovery of DNA, the first organ transplant, the launch of the first satellite and the discovery of insulin, to list a small sample. http://www.unesco.org/bpi/science/content/press/anglo/6.htm

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM EXCUSE ME???????????????

Max Planck was ridiculed because he used mathematics and numbers so physicist had an issue with that, Einstein believed in God, how dare you not know this....

You words: condescending manner

How is giving someone a nice compliment condescending???
Its called Jealousy, Hello???
As per scientist and 6 figure a year jobs I agree with you if you are referring to scientist in third world countries..oh Give me a break...
Edited by Iwonderaboutthings