photon and gravitational field

sidharath

if photon is associated with gravity it leads to the conclusion that photon is hybrid of two types of highly unstable particles where one is associated with pure electromagnetic field while other is carrier of pure gravity. The particles are named by me as electromagnaton and mattenergon.These particles exist in combined state only.Considering the novel nature of photon the properties of photon can be easily understood and photon is no longer an enigma as it once was was to Einstern

Good post and answers. Thanks

Photons exert gravity but are not carriers of the gravitational field. This is easily demonstrated, as one can shield photons and electromagnetic interactions but not gravity.

Look for photoelectric effect. The electromagnetism and charge is the key, great post

• 3 weeks later...

dS/dA=0

David Hilbert solved the vacuum solution of general relativity.

I haven't bothered to solve for spatial curvature due to electromagnetism. However Hilbert points the way.

Over all possible 4-volumes of spacetime [math]\int F^*F[/math] is minimal in vacuum with respect to the electromagnetic vector potential.

F is the Faraday tensor with lower indices. *F is the Hodge dual of the Faraday tensor. (^), is the wedge product operator--reference Grassmann algebra and the exterior calculus.

The result is an untested conclusion of general relativity.

I don't know what "carrier of gravitational field" means.

Edited by decraig

I haven't bothered to solve for spatial curvature due to electromagnetism.

We have Einstein-Maxwell theory and there are classes of exact solutions here as well as numerical solutions that have been found. I have no idea about the experimental verification of this theory as for the most part we can comfortably consider EM on a curved background in astrophysics.