Car jumping over broken bridge

Function

Hello everyone

I'm making myself a new problem concerning kinematics, trajectory, ...

And I'd like to know something: if a car with FWD jumps over a ramp:

1) Is it already following a parabolic 'trajectory' when the front wheels leave the ramp? Or only when the back wheels also don't touch the ramp anymore?

2) Can the car (theoretically) land on the ramp on the other side in that way, that the back wheels just make it on the second ramp? I know this might sound a bit awkward, but here's the problem: assume that the car will hit the second ramp with his front wheels at a point (x,y) as defined in y = y0 + xtan(theta) - gx²/(2v²cos²(theta), will it land in the same positioin as it took off? (well, horizontally mirrored in reference to its direction at take-off) Will the back wheels be perfect on the 'edge' of the second ramp?

--> Will it land parallel to the second ramp?

If something isn't clear, please ask..

Thanks!

Function

Edited by Function

Hello everyone

I'm making myself a new problem concerning kinematics, trajectory, ...

And I'd like to know something: if a car with FWD jumps over a ramp:

1) Is it already following a parabolic 'trajectory' when the front wheels leave the ramp? Or only when the back wheels also don't touch the ramp anymore?

2) Can the car (theoretically) land on the ramp on the other side in that way, that the back wheels just make it on the second ramp? I know this might sound a bit awkward, but here's the problem: assume that the car will hit the second ramp with his front wheels at a point (x,y) as defined in y = y0 + xtan(theta) - gx²/(2v²cos²(theta), will it land in the same positioin as it took off? (well, horizontally mirrored in reference to its direction at take-off) Will the back wheels be perfect on the 'edge' of the second ramp?

--> Will it land parallel to the second ramp?

If something isn't clear, please ask..

Thanks!

Function

1) not necessarily (only if by coincidence or design) After no longer in contact, aerodynamics aside, the c.g should follow a parabolic path

2)It could do that, if the timing, velocity ,angular moment and pitch orientation at take off are just right, and the landing ramp properly positioned and angled