Is there meaning to life?

s1eep

Is there meaning to life? To answer this question, let’s take a random subject and find out if it has any connotations. For example, the Bald Eagle – does the Bald Eagle have meaning? It had evolved through natural selection; it looks and acts in that way because it was coherent to the nature that it inhabited. Meaning can be found in every aspect of the Bald Eagle, since each part of it had evolved for a specific reason. A Bald Eagle’s wings were used for flight, and over many years they evolved to better suit its lifestyle – therefore, a meaning associated with wings is flight (as well as other things). You could also associate Air with Flight, and thus, the Eagle’s wings would be associated with Air. They are built to withstand a nature, and have direct relations to natural things (i.e. they are formed around Air, they look and feel as if they were formed around Air (or flight)), Things are within other things, a wing is, inter alia, part air, it’s in its form and character, and this sensual truth serves as meaning, sensually. Therefore, life does have meaning, but it’s only relevant to our interests..

Edited by s1eep

!

Moderator Note

I'd like to move this to Philosophy, if you don't mind. In Speculations, you'd have to show some evidential support for your claims, and this seems more like a subjective observation.

Also, for us older human specimens, could you use the default font size? We like it when everyone uses effects sparingly and for emphasis rather than on whole posts. Thanks, and welcome to SFN!

Or rather instead of generalising the concept, do you think you have a purpose or you want to make your life meaningfull instead of just going with the flow. The fact is such kind of questions comes ultimately down to each individual's own remark because no one can live your life but just you alone.

Can you delete this thread? After spending time on a philosophy forum and discussing this matter, now I look back to this thread I realize what a bunch of word salad it is. I try my hardest to delete it but my efforts have come to no avail. Can a moderator delete it for me?

Can you delete this thread? After spending time on a philosophy forum and discussing this matter, now I look back to this thread I realize what a bunch of word salad it is. I try my hardest to delete it but my efforts have come to no avail. Can a moderator delete it for me?

!

Moderator Note

Sorry, but our policy prohibits us from full deletion. We want members to trust that their time spent writing and responding won't get zapped.

I can lock the thread though, and will do so now.