How would you defend yourself from attack?

random

If you had an enemy who was seeking revenge against you, The enemy is a psychopathic personality with large financial resources and will most likely seek revenge in the form of suffering.

The enemy is highly intelligent and has the thought process to concoct an elaborate scheme, your initial thought is the enemy is going to set you up to take the fall for somthing so you end up incarcerated. That's what you want to protect yourself against.

The reasoning is they would be able to control your environment by paying prisoners and guards to make your life miserable.

Using today's technology such as a cell phone pinging off a tower, computer log's and IP addresses etc. How would you ensure your whereabouts could be confirmed 24/7?

Having an eye witness to be with you every hour of every day is not an option. It has to be through the use of technology.

The goal is to provide indisputable proof (alibi) so when your enemy makes there move you can prove you could not have possibly been near the crime they are trying to set you up for.

Kind of like a modern day Count of Monte Cristo scenario.

If the premise is that the attacker has unlimited resources and capabilities, and that the scheme can literally be anything, then it is impossible to defend yourself given that the premise makes it so that even the counter-plan can be the attacker's plan. The attacker's plan would first have to unfold before any counter-measure could be enforced.

The only possible alibi is to be a saint of a person that no judge or jury would ever think of you as capable of the crime, or alternatively be physically unable to (lack of limbs, or brain damage).

Get incarcerated first!

Frankly living in central London would probably work as well. I pass around a hundred security cameras on an average day - and trust me the day I decided to take careful pictures of each one of them was anything but average - so I reckon my whereabouts could be pinned down fairly accurately for the majority of the day whether I willed it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting incarcerated first was definitely my first thought as I read the conditions. He wants to control the environment, so putting yourself in a low-security jail insures that you will be watched and decreases the likely hood that the living conditions of the inmates are so bad that they can be paid off. The more I thought about it though, the more I could relate it to another problem. "If I knew I was going to be stabbed, would I stab myself first so that I'd put myself in the hospital near doctors and/or if I was the pre-determined stabber, then I consciously controlled the entry point thus avoiding my death?" I don't like the argument, so I scrapped it.

You might go a whole Chris-Pirillo approach on the whole deal and livestream 24/7 but that's a little impractical. Let's assume I have a job outside of my house that I need to attend.

The only way I can think of is to have a set amount of check points you have to go through that change periodically. So let's say that you have a 30 minute drive to work. Well, it'd be safe to assume that you can stop twice on the way at places that do have cameras and/or at the very least, a place to buy things that give out receipts. The intervals of time, along with periodically changing your route (to remain unpredictable) should be proof enough to hold up in court that it'd be physically impossible to do whatever it is that this "bad guy" said you did.

However, the whole premise of the idea has a flaw. If he has the financial backing to totally screw you over...I'd imagine technology is the last place you'd want to go since the more money you dish out, the less secure technology becomes (as in...you might be in Wisconsin but he has the money to make it look like you were caught on camera in New York).

Having an eye witness to be with you every hour of every day is not an option. It has to be through the use of technology. The goal is to provide indisputable proof (alibi) so when your enemy makes there move you can prove you could not have possibly been near the crime they are trying to set you up for.

One thing you could do is to carry a cellphone with you and take pictures of yourself as you travel about during the day. The backgrounds in the images will help to identify where you were when you took the pictures, as will the GPS info that is encoded in the image data. (EXIF data)