God Proven to Exist According to Mainstream Physics

James Redford

James Redford,

I have a self imposed rule, to read a thread, before I post to it.

Your method of reposting the same arguments over and over again, made me have to skim over yours, because so much was repeated, I had little hope that you had adjusted your thinking to accomodate or refute any arguments made against your stance.

If you would, please try and respond to the following thoughts as if you had read them, considered them, and agree with them, or argue against them without repeating the thoughts of the good Dr. and citations of his works, which you have already provided ample times.

The characteristics that you describe would be the characteristics of the Omega singularity, might be similar in nature to some of the main characteristics given to the God of the Bible, but they are also the main characteristics given to the universe itself, taken as a whole, or one thing. Thus the fact that the universe started as a singularity, and might well end as a singularity, would be a characteristic of the universe itself, and has nothing whatsoever to do with any outside party, of any sort. So if the singularity at the beginning and the end is the same thing, and everything inbetween is a part of it, then it is not the Omega Singularity that is like God, but the universe which is like a singularity (when taken as one thing, with a beginning and an end).

While I am in complete agreement that we are in and of the same thing, which may well have started as one thing, and may eventually return to being one thing, it is not at the moment, one thing, and we are well insulated by immense amounts of time and incredible reaches of space, from personally experiencing either condition.

So, if God is the universe, then its perfectly alright to accept the universe as it is, and not seach for an outside influence.

Regards, TAR2

Rather stupid actually to propose you have found proof of an outside influence, at the same time you are proposing that there is no such thing as an outside influence, but everything is currently spawned from a singularity, and will return to such a state eventually.

I don't normally comment on the R subject, but I had them knock on my door again the other day. They started off about the spirit world before moving on to what I understand them to say as God.

They even mentioned the Stargazing Live prog on TV the other day (UK) and how wonderful it all is. And continued to infer the wonderfulness must have a creator. I asked what evidence they have for such a conclusion. I didn't detect anything other than them going over again the idea that because it's so wonderful there is a divine being. I replied that I was interested to realise they found Stargazing Live interesting, but also interesting that they of their kind had fought tooth and nail for about 2000 years against such findings of investigation and reason. Indeed, any others of a contrary view to theirs would likely be strapped to a pole and set alight.

I recall their parting comment to be: goodbye, we're looking for people who can think.

!

Moderator Note

James Redford

Enough of the copy'n'paste - if you cannot be bothered to type responses to the members questions then please do not cut and paste swathes from other fora (whether or not you are the author elsewhere). I found the five of the above paragraphs somewhere else on the net (out of five searches).

Do not respond to this moderation within this thread.

!

Moderator Note

Update - I have noticed you have already been warned against the copy'n'paste activities.

Thread locked.