Google ads at top of page

those ads at the top of each page are google adverts... from what i understand these work on a basis of forum owner gets paid every time one is clicked on.

you can click on it and exit the page immediately and the "site owner" would still get paid.

that is what ive read happens anyway.

if this is true, presumably blike gets the money????

if those two things are true we could start a "click on the ad once per week" club :confused:..... it'd get blike some money and would be an easy way of us to say thanks to him.

sadly he wont get much money per 'click' so it'd need quite a few people to do this to get him some noticeable money.

also ive also read that you cant just have one person clicking thousands of times coz it'd all be from the same IP and i think there's some kinda recognition system if that happens... hence i suggested everyone once per week or sumin.... what do you guys think?

ophiolite's giving free advance mathematic lessons.

guys, ok, i should have expected this.

you have to rememeber that one click isnt going to get anyone anywhere, it'd need to be a team effort, hence the thread

outta interest, who would get the money?

cool....... right all those who like this forum and wanna thank blike for setting this up stop making thanks threads and start clicking on those ads.

just remember to do this in moderation as you cant just keep on doing it from the same IP as it can become noticeable and suspicious.

And that's why 3+3=6. Sayonara cannot, in any way, promote this idea, but he can implicitly withhold any objection. That's what my advanced maths was intended to confirm. I was agreeing with you. (I guess I have to improve my maths, or revert to English!)

the google adverts are the ads on the very top right of each page, they vary depending on the subject of the thread

""Customer Support Portal" and "Bulletin Board Corp."?"

probably, they'll change when ya switch pages.